Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Overseas hat with silver insignia

Hello!

Here is a SS overseas hat with a silver skull and eagle.

The eagle is stamped: RZM M1/25
    The skull is stamped: RZM
    M1/122

The eagle is the first pattern hat eagle, the skull is the early war second pattern scull device in silver.

There are two stamps on the inside of the hat. You can see them on the picture. Not sure if you can see them good ..
    I'm still trying to decipher the stamps
    Looking at the picture; The left one the eagle with swastica. The right one is a RZM Label. I'll try to make a better picture of the markings.

The colour of the hat is black/dark grey. It's a little bit darker then seen on the pictures. I never saw a hat like this before.

The left side
    The insignia
    The stamps

Kind Regards,
    Dennis

This is a fake cap, with fake stamp based on oilcloth issue label, fake document stamp and fake insignia.
    Reichheini

Comment

side cap .....

I think our friend ReichsHeini is trying to say something ........ though I must admit its right wot he said, its also not a particularly good one at that. Probaly a re-enactors cap ......... David

Comment

Damn...

I would swear this was an original one..

Could it not be a private purchase of a SS-soldier/officer? Because that's what I was thinking.

Why are the insignias fake? They are made of real silver, and they are marked.

The hat realy looks like it's there for 60 years!

Kind Regards,
        Dennis

Comment

Dennis,
          People age these copies to appear old. They use chemicals, sunlight, tea, dirt and anything else to add the appearance of age. They also add these official looking stamps that did not exist during Third Reich.
          The insignia, you may notice, are not aged. These clearly look like they were modern made, all shiny wet looking. Sixty year old metal insignia usually show some loss of the silver wash, oxidation and general wear on the high areas. Don't waste your money on this cap!
          ReichHeini

Comment

"I would swear this was an original one.."

Dennis,
            well its not , no where near as other forum user's have pointed out,fake cap, fake insignia, fake stamps sorry!,
            cheers,
            gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X