Female SS helper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Female SS helper?

Can anybody ID this hat badge? This is a pic of a Ukrainian girl that was found among old glass slides in city of Zhovkva. She is wearing some sort of a uniform and has a Trydent lapel pin. Perhaps some sort of communications/signals helper?

seen the pin many times but never a hat like that!! what a great photo!!

Comment

Great photo!

There must be so many Nazi uniforms that we still don't know about.

Comment

Never seen anything like it, amazing photo!

Comment

Is THAT Ilse?

Comment

I like the gal...Better than the hat..

Glenn
            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Hi,
              Is it possible that it's a new photo?
              Merdock

Comment

Originally posted by merdock View Post
                Hi,
                Is it possible that it's a new photo?
                Merdock

That would be my guess.

Glenn
                "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post

There must be so many Nazi uniforms that we still don't know about.

I agree,

Comment

She may have worked with these men..................Ukrainian SS Police. Note the buckles.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I am with those that think that the picture is not authentic.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Well like I mentioned - the picture itself is a REPRINT from a glass slide. It comes from a whole box of different slides, another one features Ukrainian policemen. The content however is 100% pre-1945 - am sure you can recognize an original visor and insignia

P.S. So if I understand correctly - the cockade is a never before seen insignia? I spoke to my grandmother who used to work at the Reichspost office and dealt with communications - she mentiones that women could wear visor hats if they wanted to (did not specify which visors though), she herself never had one.

P.P.S. I agree with Robert that perhaps she is probalby related to Ukrainian SS. I would guess that it could be with the National Committee (committeee responsible for volutneer recruitment). There was a women's branch which was responsible for preparing gifts or visit the soldiers at SS camp Dembica - perhaps she belonged to them.

Comment

Very interesting pic.

I had not seen it before.

I cannot offer any opinions about the insignia or originality of the photo. But I bet it has been right clicked a few times tonight.

Cheer, Ade.

Comment

It just occured to me that she could be a leader for Ukrainian Flak helper girls. When Flakhelpers went under SS control the commanding officers wore mixed SS uniforms. I remember seeing a pics from Latvian and Estonian Flakhelper leaders and they wore such mixed Luft/SS clothing.

Comment

Interesting photo! Nice to see somthing I have personally not seen before!

Quite manly looking aint she... .....looks like she would snap your PP if you looked the wrong way! Thats the closest frau farbisina I have seen yet apart from Ilsa She wolf of the SS!

Best,

Pete

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X