Osttürkischer Waffen-Verband der SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Osttürkischer Waffen-Verband der SS

Osttürkischer Waffen-Verband der SS does anyone have any pictures of this unit?? would love to see them as i cant find any, thanks to all, regards Ben

Personally, i have never come across any.

Has any member some to share?

Comment

From memory there was a photo (or 2) on Waffen-SS Order of Battle site a few years ago.

Ian.

Comment

can you please tell me the site name would love to see the pictures. regards Ben

Comment

There are some very well-known photographs of this unit conducting prayers in early 1945. IIRC, the great majority wore '44 dot' uniforms with no insignia whilst a few wore field grey with generic SS insignia. The only distinctive thing about them was that the men wore some kind of woollen skull cap.

I have some of the pictures somewhere, I'll see if I can find them and scan them.

Comment

i think the hat is a m43 cap back to front i have seen one of them pictures that you said about. would love to see them again if you can find them. regards Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Basil View Post
              There are some very well-known photographs of this unit conducting prayers in early 1945. IIRC, the great majority wore '44 dot' uniforms with no insignia whilst a few wore field grey with generic SS insignia. The only distinctive thing about them was that the men wore some kind of woollen skull cap.

I have some of the pictures somewhere, I'll see if I can find them and scan them.
              - Hi Basil, would it be possible to find the photos? I think I know which prayer photo you are talking about - I always thought of them as being members of Handschar division.

Comment

re

I have one

Comment

please post one if you have it best regards Ben

Comment

Originally posted by ben haynes View Post
                    please post one if you have it best regards Ben
                    This pic was published in Mollo Pictorial history of the SS. I have some problem with posted it.

Comment

Old thread, but can somebody post a picture of this cufftitle in wear ?
                      Always looking for photos and documents from Rotterdam - Dordrecht - Moerdijk (1940-1945)

Comment

The photo we were talking about (taken from Reibert forum). Note the wear of SS runes on the officers:

Comment

Other pic wearing m43 backwards for praying.
                          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?p=2601224
                          C Post 237
                          Kapitein

Comment

As far as I know the cuffband was never issued.
                            Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Jeroen wo2 View Post
                              Old thread, but can somebody post a picture of this cufftitle in wear ?
                              It was produced but likely never issued/worn.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X