any photos of??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any photos of??

looking foe allgemeine ss men wearing early black overseas cap m34, preferably officers .doTHESE EXIST in photos?I would really like to see some and not be blown off.thanks guys

what im looking for is

im looking for a photo of a black allgemeine ss m34 officer's overseas cap i need to see how the piping is done ive seen a repro in a film"the keep"where the piping goes all the way around the lower flaps edges the scalloped edges,but then ive seen it also where the piping runs around the crown and just on the scalloped curves of the cap,since both were repros id like to see a real one does ANYONE HAVE A PHOTO????

Comment

This photo shows black M34 cap in wear by officer of SS-TV unit. Despite branch is different, cap still the same.

Cheers,
      Pimpf
      Attached Files

Comment

Also note the non regulation use of officers piping worn the ORs cap worn by the officer in center...Billbert

Comment

what do u mean non regulation isnt all officers have the piping on this cap thats the answer i was looking for oh and thanks for the photo

Comment

lm confused why would this be non regulation in the film i saw the cap had the same piping exactly is it that officers werent allowed to wear piping on the oversea hat?

Comment

anyone have any more help or photos?

Comment

Just wanted to bring this back up,is piping really non regulation on A-SS officers caps??
                here is another photo....

Last edited by wewelsburg; 07-07-2011, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Also would an SS officer wear such a cap with NO piping??

photos at top seem to be from same time as last photo?same officers..

found this thread

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/Foru...d.php?t=337858
                  Last edited by wewelsburg; 07-07-2011, 09:07 PM.

Comment

The m-34 cap was intended for Enlisted personnel only, some of whom, after promotion to officer, continued to wear them with piping added...

Comment

Actually the field cap was regulation for both men and officers.
                      Here is the 1934 introductory order. Sorry for the fuzzy quality but it's impossible to flatten the page without breaking the spine.
                      Curiously, I have only ever seen the silver piping being worn by Oberbayern.
                      Derek

Comment

Interesting...Derek, do you feel that caps came from the factory with the piping applied?

Comment

Arran,
                          I doubt they were issued this way as the RZM pricelists never mention a piped version.
                          I have only seen photographs of Oberbayern officers wearing them and so this led me to presume, rightly or wrongly, that being next to the clothing works at Dachau the piping was added there for officers of this unit.
                          I will have a look and see if I can find anything that might add something of value.
                          Derek

Comment

Id love to see an officer wearing teh non piped one!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X