Wiking Panzer Wrap For Der Spiess???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiking Panzer Wrap For Der Spiess???

I've never seen such a thing, but if there was one, what would his collar tabs look like? Would he have the runes on the right collar and the Hauptscharfuhrer tab on the left?

Also, I would guess that the Wiking cuffband would go above the 2 silver cuffbands?

If anyone has a picture I would appreciate seeing it!

Panzer Wrap

This isn't a Wiking Panzer Wrap, but it ought to be close enough
    Last edited by areilley; 11-24-2005, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Panzer Wrap

This wrap has an interesting history, see the attached photo.
      both pictures are from Edwards and Pruett's " Field Uniforms of Germany's Panzer Elite"
      Last edited by areilley; 11-24-2005, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys!!! That was just what I was looking for. I've got that book on order, but it just won't get here fast enough

I'm surprised it doesn't have the collar tress.

Comment

My comment about the collar tress...I just read that NCO didn't wear collar tress on the black jackets. Answered my own question!!!

Comment

If you are looking for another good resource on the SS Panzer Uniforms I recommend the Beaver series Uniforms of the Waffen SS out of Schiffer ... I have the Edwards book which is awesome also ,,but the uniform from Germania Above is photographed in the Beaver book in color over three pages and gives great detail on the collar tabs, the way the panzer destruction badges are sewn in and the shoulder straps. Its a little pricey for all three volumes ... only one covers panzer units ...but worth the investment in my opinion.

Chris.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X