SS Collar Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Collar Tab

I found this tab on a dealers site and thought I would get some opinions from other members of the forum. I checked all the previous threads and did not find anything that made me thing this was a reproduction straight out. The angles of the runes look ok and they are tightly woven but then again they look a little hairy. I am not sure what the base material is make of but it looks like wool. The backing is a little orange in color. Is this the color folks were saying to watch for. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Phil

Sorry, not use to the new forum yet. Here is the front.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is the back of the tab.
      Attached Files

Comment

Phil;

Pix are fuzzy but from what I can see it looks okay to me.
        Best regards,

Tony

Comment

I had a well used one like this with exactly the same type of stitched runes in doeskin (the base material). Unfortuntly it sold rather quickly and I don't have the scans. Is the texture of the material smooth (velvety) or rough/fuzzy like wool?

Comment

Ok, I now have this tab in hand. I am not sure these pictures are any better but my batteries died. In answer to the question about the backing it is very smooth so I believe it is doeskin. If these are not clear enough I will try again when my batteries are charged. Thanks to everyone that has helped.

Phil
            Attached Files

Comment

Now that I have posted it, it looks even fuzzier. I will try to post a better one.

Here is the back.
              Attached Files

Comment

looks like moleskin to me from the pictures I do not have any problems with the tab nice buy,
                cheers,
                gary

Comment

Nice pickup, Phil.
                  Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Gary and Tony

Thanks for the . When it arrived I had very good feelings about it but it was my first SS collar tab and I was still a little unsure.

Thanks again for the help.

Phil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X