Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichsfuhrer Collar Tabs

http://www.craiggottlieb.com/data/in...inrich+Himmler

I wandered into these. Anybody know the story behind them?

theyre fake.

Comment

Originally posted by fjcollector View Post
      theyre fake.
      Please expound on your statement.

Comment

The quality of the embroidery isn't anywhere near as fine as the example on the Reichsheini's white tunic.

Hand embroidery leaves scope for differences though ..... let us hear the
        pedigree that stretches back many decades
        Ian.

Comment

Tabs

Good or not, I would have brushed them off a little before posting the pictures. What are all those white flecks everywhere?

Comment

Look on this ... http://www.craiggottlieb.com/data/in...+General+Visor

look at photo 011 the moustachio Deschler skull, same white flecks.

Ian.

Comment

White flecks everywhere!!!

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post

Ian.
              Interesting, but I am not sure that is a moustachio skull.
              Peter

Comment

Maybe not ... photo doesn't help though does it, makes it look like ridges where ridges shouldn't be. Top end dealer prices, bottom end ambiguous photos.

Ian.

Comment

Flecks

Maybe not ... photo doesn't help though does it, makes it look like ridges where ridges shouldn't be. Top end dealer prices, bottom end ambiguous photos.

Ian.
                  even so...what are those flecks? Dandruff?

Comment

I Have Seen A Set Of S A Stabschef Tabs And Reichsjugendfruhrer Tabs That Were All Made By The Same Hand. Likely, These Were Made In Small Quantites. I Believe They Date Back To The Late 70's Or Early 80's

Comment

The quality in the embroidery is not what I would expect to see, nor do they compare favorably with known original examples. I personally do not like these tabs, and I too would like to hear the 'pedigree' behind them...

Rob
                      Last edited by Rob Johnson; 04-04-2008, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Ian.

I would have to entertain strong doubts about the authenticity of whole that cap.

Lasse

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                          The quality in the embroidery is not what I would expect to see, nor do they compare favorably with known original examples. I personally do not like these tabs, and I too would like to hear the 'pedigree' behind them...

Rob
                          thats what i was basing my opinion off of. plus the lack of the little brass beeds, they apear to be in mint condition so i would expect to see at least one or two of the beeds still attached..
                          the quality of the embroidery is what really turned me off about the set.

Comment

The relic (collar tabs) are reproduction, so the story doesn't matter!!! Just another made up story that has no meaning.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz View Post
                              The relic (collar tabs) are reproduction, so the story doesn't matter!!! Just another made up story that has no meaning.

Bob
                              AMEN to that!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X