What Is This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Is This?

Can some one tell me what the hell this is?? It was at a local flee market. I thought at first glance it was Italian camo, but it also looks like some American camo. I was in the Marine Corps, and the old camo style was not quite like this, nor this bright. Also we had a different pattern style. Any ideas if this is post war? Looking on the internet, this was the closest match I could find, besides the 1929 Italian pattern, which is still not exactly the same.

http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/en_00035.php

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by BlackBelt; 03-23-2008, 02:52 PM.

Vietnam era jacket worn by former member of the SS Wiking Division at Dien Bein Phu. Okay, I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Vietnam era jacket worn by former member of the SS Wiking Division at Dien Bein Phu. Okay, I have no idea.
      Funny....... Its interesting, because the guy who had it was saying it was Italian camo. I must admit, for a split second I thought wow, then I noticed that if it was Italian, it sure looked a lot like American. How ever I can not find an American tunic pattern that matches. The closest was the link above. Could this possibly be some pre-1945 camo?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Absolutely right. Here is another extremely rare piece
        Attached Files

Comment

Look guys, I too think this is funny, but in all seriousness, can anyone pin point exactly when this camo tunic was used, its not Vietnam era.

Comment

Not a clue. Sorry Bro! No tags or stamps inside at all? I take it the tabs and eagle are crap. Was there other stuff removed from the front?

I'm an ex-Marine BlackBelt too. (Sgt/2nd Dan) I wonder how many of us are on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Bonini View Post
              Not a clue. Sorry Bro! No tags or stamps inside at all? I take it the tabs and eagle are crap. Was there other stuff removed from the front?

I'm an ex-Marine BlackBelt too. (Sgt/2nd Dan) I wonder how many of us are on here.
              Hey there Devil Dog,

There are no tags, buttons, nor front pockets. All were removed. The collar tab looked pretty crudy. but the tropical eagle looked spot on. I do not own the tunic, but I may buy it for the eagle itself. The guy wanted 500.00....LOL! However I figure, if I can prove its not Italian camo, and show him proof of what it is, I can get him down to 100.00-150.00 which is good for the eagle itself. The seller is convinced that it is Italian camo, and said he got it from a vet in the mid 1960's. He did show me a photo of him as a young man wearing the jacket, but I could not tell when the shot was taken, only that the photo itself looked fairly old.

E-5 0231/ 4th Black Kenpo Karate, 3rd Black Ketsugo-Ju Jitsu

Comment

it could be what is called the "Roma 90" woodland pattern, might be misprinted as where your grey print is its normally black.

or it maybe could be croation

can you get a photo of the back or inside?
                Last edited by Gary Wood; 03-23-2008, 05:55 PM.

Comment

here is your jacket next to the roma pattern
                  Last edited by Gary Wood; 09-01-2008, 02:00 PM.

Comment

the Croation pattern (jacket in the photo is ripstop)

Comment

and again next to your jacket, you might want to try the international forum, or the communist bloc forum, maybe member pete or lorenz might be able to help.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood View Post
                          here is your jacket next to the roma pattern
                          I can't get any photos until tommarrow, but I think that the print of the jackets are identical. It's just a different style jacket, with the same pattern.

When was this Roma pattern used? The Croation pattern seems too compacted, while this a bit more loose. Thanks so far for the info! I think we may be on to something here. Thanks a bunch!

I think it is safe to say, that this is not pre 1945 Italian camo.

Comment

Hello Black Belt.
                            Its not Italian pre- or postwar. In my opinion, its a 100% commercial civillian made around 90s - 2000. Colours are not even close to mil.spec.

Best regards, Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Palmenmuster View Post
                              Hello Black Belt.
                              Its not Italian pre- or postwar. In my opinion, its a 100% commercial civillian made around 90s - 2000. Colours are not even close to mil.spec.

Best regards, Tom

Thanks Tom, but in this case I agree with the Gary. The patterns are identical. Thanks for the input though!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X