now this probably isen't genuine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now this probably isen't genuine

but using this as an example,is there anyone of you that could explain how you (i)could determin what the diffrence on a genuine would be,i'm eager to learn.
    regards
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Original machine embroidered runic tabs with such disign of runes never produced pre 1945, I think this is a post war tab embroidered based on period made BeVo tabs.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Sergey; 03-23-2008, 11:13 AM.

Comment

bad pics, but no offence sergey, i think it could be ok, the back looks better than the front admittedly

Comment

Originally posted by PHILBROWN View Post
            bad pics, but no offence sergey, i think it could be ok, the back looks better than the front admittedly
            yes bad photo but still can be seen to be a Fake, this type is listed in the fake thread, post#12-16

Comment

ok gary, just thought the back had a chance, wasnt sure of design of rune

Comment

ss-tab

hi guys i know it isen't real,i payed under 2us for it and only for display reasons,i would never by an ss item without having a lot more experience than i have no.
                as per today my experience regarding ss is close to zero,thats why i put this up,maybe i could learn something like how to tell a fake from a real.
                thanks for your replies.
                regards.

Comment

Originally posted by norwegian View Post
                  hi guys i know it isen't real,i payed under 2us for it and only for display reasons,i would never by an ss item without having a lot more experience than i have no.
                  as per today my experience regarding ss is close to zero,thats why i put this up,maybe i could learn something like how to tell a fake from a real.
                  thanks for your replies.
                  regards.
                  Hey good thing you didn't pay too much for it. At least you didn't have to learn this lesson the hard way, which a lot of people have. About gaining experience and such. I started out here not knowing a lot either, and it was hard and frustrating at times, having people tell me something was no good and not being able to see or tell why. Now, I have an ever-expanding knowledge, and can examine and comments on items that I never would have thought I could before. Being able to do that is not something you can just learn, you just gain more experience by hanging out here and buying some good reference books. If you like SS insignia, the Angolia book is an absolute essential. Most of your questions can be answered by looking into the book. Go to some militaria shows or a local shop and examine the real items. Buy from a trusted and reliable dealer or on the estand, and then study the construction and look of period items. This is the only way to gain the experience necessary to at least survive in this hobby.......you need years and years of experience to be good at it! The guys that have been collecting for decades help me out there.

To give you a short answer......someone could explain why the tab above is no good, but you would have a hard time understanding unless you researched for yourself the qualities that make a real runic tab good. There are far more fakes types out there than original, and knowing what to look for in a good piece is often easier than knowing what to not look for.

Just my comments from a green SS collector.

Alex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X