Runic tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Runic tab

Hello guys, what do you think about this tab???
    Attached Files

backside
    Attached Files

Comment

its no gaurentee, but i would have them

Comment

Hi,

I like the runic as well. (Can't comment on the early tab)

Rgds
        PÃ¥l

Comment

Guys any other opinions?

Comment

Ok......in the interests of my sanity, we need to come to a decision, and an educated one not based on conjecture. This debate is really confusing me. I personally think these tabs are good, but I'd like to hear what the experts have to say.

I just don't understand it. So this runic tab is good but the one posted here is fake? http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=278985 It's the same style of tab!

I just need some clarification, as I'm sure others do, as well.

Alex

Comment

Hello Sergey,
              I like the rank tab, but not the rune tab.
              Lorenz

Originally posted by Sergey View Post
              Guys any other opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by Horrido! View Post
                Ok......in the interests of my sanity, we need to come to a decision, and an educated one not based on conjecture. This debate is really confusing me. I personally think these tabs are good, but I'd like to hear what the experts have to say.

I just don't understand it. So this runic tab is good but the one posted here is fake? http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=278985 It's the same style of tab!

Alex

Hi,

You (the owner) need to compare yours to the ones in these pictures. If it is the same as the one posted on the left (and in the tread linked) it is fake. Based on the pictures in the start of this post I believed this to be ok and not the same one as posted for comparison.

The one in the link is fake as well as the one posted in the left frame.

Sorry if my post where confusion, not my intention.

Rgds
                PÃ¥l

Comment

Hi Alex, I think the tab on your photo not the same like mine.

Comment

I know I am in the minority, but I don't have a problem with either runic collar tab. There was a find on these, and several other original types, but the amount that hit the market, all at once, really scared a lot of collectors.

Either way, it is not important. The only thing that counts is what collectors want.

Bob Hritz
                    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

About this type of runic collar tab I think the same as Bob.
                      Luca
                      Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

I share your sentiments Bob and Luca. However, and unfortunately so, if something is labeled a fake on a board like this, then it's almost worthless compared to what was paid for it. Most people will avoid it like the plague, and others will discredit your attempts if you try to sell it down the road. I would still like to see or read some definitive reasons why these tabs are considered to be fake. No disrespect, but I think a lot of people are tired of hearing "I've never seen something like this, so it must be fake." I would like to some factual analysis to be done to determine the authenticity of these tabs. Thanks for the help, and sorry for hijacking your thread Sergey......I personally like both your tabs.

Alex

Comment

On another note, these tabs have been labeled "Delta" fakes made in the 70's. If that's the case, what can account for their sudden appearance on the market in 2007-2008?

Comment

I'm on the fence regarding the runic tab that started this thread. It could very well be a late-war production 'Dachau' style tab, but from these pictures I'm just not sure. I value and respect the opinions of veteran collectors such as Bob, but in the end you need to form your own opinion, based on your own experiences and feelings. With me, well… I am just not 100% sure on this one. I’d really like to have it in hand and do a detailed examination and comparison with some of my tabs as I feel it has potential, but again - from these pictures - it's just too hard for me to form an opinion one way or another.

The one thing I am can say with certainty is that I do not like the finished runic tab pictured in the link Alex posted:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=278985

I believe that one to be a reproduction. I do not like the embroidery (thread), the black backing material, the amount of uneven overlap on the reverse, nor the buckram stiffener. It doesn't match up favorably to any of the original runic tabs I own or have handled, or the one that started this thread and so I lump it in the fake category. Does this make it a fake? No; This is just my opinion. However, based on the originals I have handled, I would not want this tab in my collection and I would be willing to voice this opinion whenever someone asks for it, or when one is offered for sale.

Also, I do not see any similarities between that tab, and the unfinished tab that it is compared to. IMHO are definitely not the same.

Rob

Alex

Last edited by Rob Johnson; 03-26-2008, 10:45 AM.

Comment

these tabs have been labeled "Delta" fakes made in the 70's.

By who? as far as i know delta did not make a runic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X