Hohenstaufen cufftitle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hohenstaufen cufftitle question

The question is simply ... Did the "Hohenstaufen" BeVo cufftitle exist with NOT connected N and S ?

Thanks,
    Alex

...the answer is simple aswell...

The BeVo Hohenstaufen cuff is without the connecting.

The Hohenstaufen cuff exists with connected n-s, much rarer, but not sure it came frome the BeVo Wüpperthal firm.

Pieter.
    SUUM CUIQUE ...
    sigpic

Comment

Hi Alex, Peter is correct.

Here is a pic of a Bevo title in my collection. It is well used, cut down and possibly bloodstained.

Cheers, Ade.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Pieter. thanks Ade ! Great ... I am currenly thinking to buy one for my collection, it looks absolutely similar with Ade's one, with not connected N and S.

Comment

Hi Alex, here is a scan of the reverse which might help you?

Cheers, Ade.
          Attached Files

Comment

Can not realy add anything to what Peter has said as he said it all :-),

I would like to say though the back of the Hohenstaufen cuff title with the connecting N & S is much different from the standard band,
            cheers,
            gary

Comment

Hohenstaufen with connected NS

For comparison purposes here is the front & reverse of my Hohenstaufen cufftitle with the connected NS.
              Attached Files
              Looking for any original items related to Danish W-SS volunteers

Comment

i would love to get a genuine hohenstaufen cufftitle for my collection, what is the going rate for a real one? i own a repro and can probably identify one when its a repro but are there any tricks to ensure a real one is indeed real?

Comment

Originally posted by 9SSHohenstaufen
                  i would love to get a genuine hohenstaufen cufftitle for my collection, what is the going rate for a real one? i own a repro and can probably identify one when its a repro but are there any tricks to ensure a real one is indeed real?

Generally they are in the $1,500 area for a full length mint piece.
                  Best regards,

Tony

Comment

yes i was thinking that would be the price range. its unfortunate that so many GOOD repros have hit the markets and now its hard to tell a mint authentic cufftitle for 1500 bucks from a mint repro cufftitle for 20 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by 9SSHohenstaufen
                      yes i was thinking that would be the price range. its unfortunate that so many GOOD repros have hit the markets and now its hard to tell a mint authentic cufftitle for 1500 bucks from a mint repro cufftitle for 20 bucks.

Actually, it's not that difficult if you know what you're looking for. The only known versions and variations that exist are in bevo and have been posted here for you to learn from. Study the obverse and reverse very carefully and memorize the details. If Hohenstaufen bands that you encounter don't look like either one of them in ALL facets, then stay away from them. Obviously we're discussing Hohenstaufen bands only. Thank you Adrian and Prorege1 for putting up your original examples for review and study.
                      Best regards,

Tony

Comment

MR 9SSHohenstaufen
                        just to add to tony's comments above Another idea is to buy the fake one, I think crazy crow sells them and study that as well.
                        cheers,
                        Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Pieter Verbruggen View Post

The Hohenstaufen cuff exists with connected n-s, much rarer, but not sure it came frome the BeVo Wüpperthal firm.

Pieter.
                          Hello guys,I've recovered this old 3D because my Hohenstaufen cufftitle has arrived and I would like to know why this type of cuff might be not manufactured from the Bevo Wupperthal .Thank you

Best
                          Emilio

Here are the pics of the cufftitle,removed from a jacket

Comment

Verso

Comment

No news ??

Best
                              Emilio

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X