X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British volunteers in the SS

I thought this might be of interest :

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?doc...arch&plindex=5

thanks for that my friend with tv these days a pathetic excuse for entertainment i will enjoy this documentery.

Comment

Thanks for posting!!Billbert

Comment

Quite interesting piece of film. I wonder if that sold buch is an original? Its known among collectors? One can clearly see that photo has been moved because of the stamp marks.

Comment

Author Adrian Weale, seen in the film, is a forum member.

He also wrote the best book available on the subject too.

You can get his book here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...450061-2976415

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
            I wonder if that sold buch is an original? Its known among collectors? One can clearly see that photo has been moved because of the stamp marks.
            Yes it is original.......I knew where it was and I am sure a few forum members know as well..........that has it's own story

/Ian
            Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

No doubt they found it in the pocket of the uniform....Billbert

Comment

Hi Billbert, no it was not found in the uniform.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison View Post
                  Yes it is original.......I knew where it was and I am sure a few forum members know as well..........that has it's own story

/Ian
                  Thanks for the info!
                  Im quite sure a few collectors would love to have this sold buch in their collection.

Cheers,
                  "Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

A really top notch documentary that helps clear up much of the confusion about this mysterious group. I was left with more questions than answers after having seen this film, and I'm sure there is much more to learn or lost to history about the free corps. Thanks for posting!

Alex

Comment

I was just kidding of course...Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison View Post

/Ian
                        I believe it is owned by a forum member and yes it does have a story!

Comment

The soldbuch is original and is preserved in the UK National Archives at Kew. They're aware of its potential value - as well as its fragility - and I believe it can only be inspected under supervision.

At least two other BFC soldbuchs survived the war but are not in the public domain. One may be in New Zealand (if it still exists) and one in the UK in the possession of MI5. I don't hold out much hope: MI5 did have John Amery's 'Fremdenpass' but it was microfilmed and then destroyed in the 1970s during a periodic weeding of their file registry.

BTW, I'm Adrian Weale, the devilishly handsome historian who appears in the film linked to above. Basil is an army nickname.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X