No announcement yet.

SS Charkov jacket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someones in big trouble for letting this PAK slip down the ravine.
    Some Parkas in evidence here.

Its a big scan, so you can do some close -ups.

Cheers,
    John.

==================================================
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi John,

Great picture. Thx!

Jac

Comment

Hi fellas,

After I received the jacket i noticed it was missing some buttons. So I replaced the missing ones with, of course, original buttons. Planning to make a late war ('44) setup of an SS infantery soldier. I know, I know, normally i only collect Heeres but I will maken a one time exception with this one. Maby a nice P08 holster and mapcase would look nice one this fellow. But how about trousers? What kind of trousers would go with this setup? Reversable camo winter ones?

Jac

Comment

Hi Jac
          Nice parka, you need a ss buckle

Regarding the pants i would say strait legged pants winter or normal wool, green or camo would look nice to the jacket

Cheers
          Lars

Comment

Hi Jac,

Looking good allready!

Gr Darwin M

Comment

Hi Lassie and Darwin,

Thanks for the compliment!

And about the trousers, I will keep my eyes open. Looking for a nice mannequin too. This time a sitting one, the space in my WAR room leaves me no choise. I wil keep you posted.

Jac

Comment

The jacket is original but is actually the third (or even forth) pattern parka. "Kharkov coats" generally refer to the second pull over pattern with four pockets, the earliest ones were made in late 1940 and issued to SS units in Norway during early 1941 with either only 2 chest pockets or four pockets , there were matching pants, the open front style coats were first produced in late 1943. There also is a rare type that has an animal skin exterior and than the parkas lin Italian camo made after mid-1944. All of these were reported to have been issued with a white cover for wear in snow areas.

Comment

Hi jhodgson,

Thanks for the additional info. I did not know that there were matching pants. I assume that those are impossible to find as many of the pants did not survive the war or were used after the war. If there are forummembers who have such a pants in there collection I would love to see a picture of it.

Jac

Comment

Very rare

The trousers that were issued with these anoraks don'r seem to have survived (I hope I'm proven wrong) and even wartime pictures don't
                    show them often; at least not clearly. I hadn't heard of the 1940 development of these items. I had always thought that they weren't issued until the winter of 1942/43.

I have an early four pocket pull-over type. If anyone wants to post some pics for me leave me a PM.

Cheers,
                    Ron Volstad

Comment

Jac,

A WH parka trouser would be nice under the anorak, a greengrey/white one.

Gr Dawin M

Comment

I was told by Vets that the pants (parka pants too) were very difficult to move in/run and were only popular for guard duty etc. We were issued Anorak sets in the US Army that were patterned after the SS clothing and we also hated the field pants with liners, it was impossible to run and difficult to walk distances etc. You also overheated very quickly wearing the entire suit. We typically wore the pants without the lining or only wore the jackets with standard issue pants, the movement limitations and the over heating were the main reasons why they went to an open front.

Comment

Darwin,

Yes, I think those pants will go nice with this one.

Jhodgson,

Thanks for the info! It must be amazing to hear these facts directely from the vets.

Jac

Comment

Hi Guys,

As I am selling my Charkov jacket in this topic I would like to know what the current marketprice would be. Is 800 till 900 euros still a fair price or am I aming to low/high?

Thanks,

Jac

Comment

Originally posted by The Jackal View Post
                              Hi Guys,

As I am selling my Charkov jacket in this topic I would like to know what the current marketprice would be. Is 800 till 900 euros still a fair price or am I aming to low/high?

Thanks,

Jac
                              ??????. A while ago you wanted a Kharkov mannequin and now you already selling the parka?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Fokkelman View Post
                                ??????. A while ago you wanted a Kharkov mannequin and now you already selling the parka?
                                Fred,

This was some years ago (this tread is old ).

Since then I concluded that I only want to collect Heeres and no SS (it was never really my field). So, it is time to say goodbye to this jacket. Just want to know what a fair price would be considdering todays market.

Thanks,

Jac

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X