Museum Selling SS Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Museum Selling SS Uniforms

Found this article on the Axis History Forum (sorry if I used their name)... I attended an event last year with Willi Schumacher and we were absolutely bowled over. They had full head-to-foot uniforms named to a half dozen German Army Generals, one SS-Gruppenfuhrer uniform with an Adolf Hitler cuffband, and a Police General assault gun jacket... all 100% BOGUS!!! It was all reproduction!!! Now they're selling off some of their stuff and the prices aren't chicken feed... and these are BOGUS!!! Somebody will end up buying them because they think they have provenance coming from a museum... here is where we separate the men from the boys! I never saw these particular uniforms in their exhibit hall.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=136161

Bob
    Last edited by Bobwirtz; 03-06-2008, 11:25 PM.

I agree, mostly real sewage and all grossly over priced even if real.

Comment

Sadly, I'm sure the "museum" connection will mislead a lot of people.

Chris

Comment

1956 to the 1991 period, East German ("G.D.R."), Rural Police Sergeant's Uniform........... The collar tabs ("Litzen") are made of heavy silver bullion wire and are spectacular. The epaulettes are also of fine silver bullion wire and are perfect.

I'm thinking if a MUSEUM cannot tell the difference between stamped metal litzen and bullion litzen on a common DDR police uniform, I'm stashing that extra 35k I happen to have laying around................

But if they are buying, I have some really rare stuff I could sell them at 1/2 price

Comment

What a load of miserable s***! I feel like I have to de-louse myself just from looking at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stahlhelm View Post
            Sadly, I'm sure the "museum" connection will mislead a lot of people.

Chris
            Yes Chris, this was my concern too. People think museums are above board and can be trusted. One rule most museums have: if you collect the stuff we have on display or stored in our archives, then you cannot work here! They are scared of collectors, especially working in their museums. But they fail to recognize us as the TRUE EXPERTS... can you see these people coming out of college with a 'museum degree' and then get a masters degree on 'Waffen-SS Uniforms'? Can somebody tell me which college or university offers such degrees? Where do these people gain their knowledge and expertise? It's all strings and mirrors!!!

Bob

Comment

Uniform Details

War time, gray and blue striped color, concentration camp prisoner's uniform. All matching (but I do not know why - they usually never match together) Not a grouping - each item was found as a separate item. Included a cap ("mutze"), tunic with prisoner's number tag and with a red triangle (I believe this is a political prisoner). Trousers with number tag (or patch) and with a pink triangle (this is a homosexual - an impossible color triangle to find - extremely rare). Wood clog/shoes in wonderful condition. Grouping includes a stunning sculptured head of a starved concentration camp prisoner made from a photograph of an actual prisoner-a truly heart rendering sculptured head that brings this uniform alive.

Buy it Now - $10,000

You wonder how some people sleep at night. On top of a pile of money, of course, but other than that...

Comment

I didn't know the Third Reich Depot had a museum.

Comment

... or Snyders.....

Comment

Cs

Well at least charlie would be the skull right side up on that ...ahem...TK uniform.

Comment

Hi
                      Some museums dont care about replicas as they just want to sell the image of some other bigger item like a wehicle.
                      As I have stated before: The finest collections I know with originals are private owned. Not necessary the biggest ones but the best in some collected areas as top noch collectors wont settle for anything then the best item.

Comment

The collar tabs on this standartenführer looks odd to me http://www.aaftankmuseum.com/W36.htm

Comment

Some of the early American headgear they are selling is poop also.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz View Post
                            Yes Chris, this was my concern too. People think museums are above board and can be trusted. One rule most museums have: if you collect the stuff we have on display or stored in our archives, then you cannot work here! They are scared of collectors, especially working in their museums. But they fail to recognize us as the TRUE EXPERTS... can you see these people coming out of college with a 'museum degree' and then get a masters degree on 'Waffen-SS Uniforms'? Can somebody tell me which college or university offers such degrees? Where do these people gain their knowledge and expertise? It's all strings and mirrors!!!

Bob
                            I can (cough cough) get you one of those Masters Degrees in no time at all.

T.U.R.D. University has such a course.

Here's my one.

Comment

I am now naming my collection. “The NTZ memorial museum of WWII uniforms”. It might not be as big but it is all real. What a perfect scam. Open a museum specializing in tanks as a front to sell bad uniforms.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X