Freiw. Leg. Nederland unit pennant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freiw. Leg. Nederland unit pennant

Just wanted to share my Dutch "freiw.Leg. Nederland" pennant which was found in an old house in Holland last month. The house was once owned by an NSB member, who's son never returned from the Leningrad front.... while serving as an officer in the Nederland Legion.
    I have the name of this family and will reveal one thing about them; they made a fortune during the war by supplying textiles and fabrics to the German military. Most NSB related artifacts were thrown away after the war (including foto albums with collaboration pictures and uniforms, all male family members were in the NSB), but this pennant fortunately survived because it was less offensive! This pennant probably belongs better in the flags section, but because its SS related I thought I would share it here instead! Has some moth damage unfortunately...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 03-04-2008, 11:53 PM.

hello Nick

Did this family came from the Helmond area?

regards Erwin

Comment

another image

again
      Attached Files

Comment

mannequin

with my mannequin
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin L View Post
          hello Nick

Did this family came from the Helmond area?

regards Erwin
          No...from a small town near Leiden... If you are interested in the family name, I can PM you that information but I won't post it here...
          Last edited by NickG; 03-04-2008, 12:59 AM.

Comment

I understand Nick but i looks like the whole textile industrie was wrong that time. In helmond you had the van Vlissingen flag company.

Regards Erwin

Comment

Dutch colors

War time Dutch colors "Oranje-Blanje-Bleu (orange-white-Lt.Blue) as opposed to traditional Red-White and Blue...This color combination also appeared on the Mussert cross ribbon and legion shields as depicted below!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by NickG; 03-04-2008, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin L View Post
                I understand Nick but i looks like the whole textile industrie was wrong that time. In helmond you had the van Vlissingen flag company.

Regards Erwin
                Yes they were all making money while supplying the German forces. That company from Helmond also made Kriegsmarine flags, but that's a different party!
                This family's company supplied only large bolts of fabric (textiles), not finished products like flags or uniforms... just rolls and rolls of bulk textile material were supplied. At least that's what I was told...
                Last edited by NickG; 03-04-2008, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Great catch Nick, I like the salty look A while ago I acquired a similar pennant for the Latvian division from a son of a Latvian SS vet.

Comment

Originally posted by Askold View Post
                    Great catch Nick, I like the salty look A while ago I acquired a similar pennant for the Latvian division from a son of a Latvian SS vet.
                    Thanks Askold! Love to see your Latvian one! Eventhough the condition is rough, it was a freebee, so I am not complaining!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                    X