Help Info about this photo of an SS oficer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Info about this photo of an SS oficer

Hi experts on SS uniforms. Unfortunately I don’t think this tunic will ever surface for sale, yet I am very curious about some historic details about this uniform, as i am making this in 1/6 scale for a project of mine

I clearly see a Der Fuhrer cuff title, and was wondering abut the waffenfabre. I think this officer on his right sleeve has a gebrigsjager patch so is the waffenfabre green for geberigsjager or white for Der Fuhrer????

i also wonder about the shirt, do you think he used a white or kaki shirt. I really apreciate the input about this details, as I want to make this figure right!!!

Last edited by Jaime Sadurni; 03-13-2008, 10:19 AM.

Hi Jamie,

Maybe this will help, Dragon has a action figure "Jurgen" (a ss mann) with SS tropical clothing. the Cap in that box set is maybe a good one, the trousers you may custmize in to shorts.

http://www.dragonmodelsltd.com/html/70202p2.htm

Cheers,

Darwin M

Comment

Originally posted by Darwin M View Post
      Hi Jamie,

Maybe this will help, Dragon has a action figure "Jurgen" (a ss mann) with SS tropical clothing. the Cap in that box set is maybe a good one, the trousers you may custmize in to shorts.

http://www.dragonmodelsltd.com/html/70202p2.htm

Cheers,

Darwin M
      Thanks Darwin, I have seen jurgen!! I ahve all the components, but i am busting my head as I dont know wether the waffenfabre of the shoulder boards is green or white.

The tunica I have finished minus this detial, and it came out superb, I will show you all the finished project, I just need some feed back on some details, that the B&W is hidding

Comment

If I had to go out on a limb, I would say green waffenfarbe instead of white, guessing that combat specialty would take presedence over unit affiliation... but I could be 100% wrong. Lets hear from the SS cloth experts. It should be mentioned that while many members of the Wallonien Division wore gebrigsjager patches on their SS uniforms - remenants from when the unit was part of the Army - they did not utilize green waffenfarbe because of this but wore white (or red or pink, depending on what that individual did).

P.S. When you do your figure, don't forget to include the anti-partisan badge that is pictured!

Comment

P.S. When you do your figure, don't forget to include the anti-partisan badge that is pictured! [/QUOTE]

mathew, the antipartisan and the rest of the medals are ther already

I promise i will post the final result here on this post!!!

I wonder if the man in the small incer that has the gebrigsjager and old fighte cheveron are the same guy?????

should I include this insignia on the right arm??

Comment

Jamie,

If you don't have the SS edelweis pacth, look into the box of "Hassan" a SS mountain trooper off the ss handschar from dragon.

About your search for the shoulder straps, check www.toysoldierbrigade.com, then Axis, and then on ingsigna > shoulder straps. you will find there the straps of the action figure "Eugen Kroh" they are LW but you can paint them.

SS Gebrigsjagers the waffenwebre is light-green, i am sure that is oficer has is also too.

Cheers,

Darwin M

Comment

This officer was from the 24th SS Waffen-Gebrigs-Division (Karstjaeger), serving in a primarily anti-patisan role in northern Italy. His waffenfarbe should be for gebirgsjaeger and I would suspect he was wearing a SS tan tropical shirt.

Mike

Comment

The guy in shorts is SS-Ustuf. Oswin Merwald of Karstjaeger Division in Dogna (German annexed north-east Italy), may 1945.
                Shoulderboards should be Green as for every SS-Gebirgsjaeger truppen.

Cheers
                T

Comment

Originally posted by Darwin M View Post
                  Jamie,

If you don't have the SS edelweis pacth, look into the box of "Hassan" a SS mountain trooper off the ss handschar from dragon.

About your search for the shoulder straps, check www.toysoldierbrigade.com, then Axis, and then on ingsigna > shoulder straps. you will find there the straps of the action figure "Eugen Kroh" they are LW but you can paint them.

SS Gebrigsjagers the waffenwebre is light-green, i am sure that is oficer has is also too.

Cheers,

Darwin M
                  darwin, toysoldier has good stuff, the hasan patch is plastic sticker, but in Monkey depot, I found some nice embridered cloth edelweiss I am using all cloth insignia on this figure.

The only thing I had to do form scrap is the old fighter´s cheveron, which came out ok!!!

The only thing I reret is not finding any hat insignia that convinces me so I used metal totenkopf and eagle, which was commom practice, I thinK

Comment

Originally posted by Tommaso View Post
                    The guy in shorts is SS-Ustuf. Oswin Merwald of Karstjaeger Division in Dogna (German annexed north-east Italy), may 1945.
                    Shoulderboards should be Green as for every SS-Gebirgsjaeger truppen.

Cheers
                    T
                    Tomaso thansk so much, green it is!!!!!!!!

the only problem is I think I made him a obersturmfuhrer!!!

Comment

opinion of the experts abut the result, its just missing the arm eagle, that is a minature bevo made eagle

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                      X