Un-piped Shoulder Boards for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Un-piped Shoulder Boards for review

Hey guys, have a pair of unpiped shoulder boards in my possession. Not too sure about them, so I need your help. The stitching looks kind of 'ok' to me, but the green wool backing is kind of a strange (shall I say Latvian) colour. So, in other words, I have my doubts, but I'd like to know what you think. Thanks a lot. Cheers,

Alex

Materials and construction of these straps seem wrong. I would not have taken a chance on these even if cheap.

Comment

looks like the piping hs been cut off?, can you show a decent photo of the under strap on the lining side?

Comment

Ive never seen a strap with this kind of grey felt tongues. There usually is a cloth layer or another kind of felt. Besides that the fine texture wool resemble period materials.

Comment

Now that I look at a pair of M44 transport boards I own, I am less concerned about the green colour present on the unpiped boards. I have also taken some pictures of the back under the green wool.

Comment

I really would like to see a closer photo of the material on the under strap to me it looks like synthetic paper found on a lot of modern fakes

Comment

Here's some more pictures. There is no paper present on the boards.....just wool.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Horrido! View Post
                  There is no paper present on the boards.....just wool.
                  It still looks to me like synthetic iron on type paper by the look of it especially where its been folded (red arrows) and has creased up, the appearance of this material looks like very thin felt is it thin? , it looks like there is no stitching on the black wool body of the strap so this material should be free and loose if it was felt (Blue arrows), if its attached then it is IMO this type of paper.
                  I also do not like the extra thin green wool on the back as well
                  Last edited by Gary Wood; 09-01-2008, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Good eye Gary! After I took a knife and a pair of tweezers to the backing, I was able to lift up what appears to be a synthetic iron on layer from the black wool. Looks like another pair of fakes. Thanks for the help.

Comment

here I agree the boards are not original

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X