scull identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scull identification

Hello guys does anybody know what is that??
    http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=45147047xo1.jpg
    http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=91486668nq7.jpg

It's the tradition skull for Infanterie Regiment 17, worn between the wreath and the eagle. I can't say if it's original or not but I don't get a good feeling about it for some reason.

Ian.

Comment

doesn't look anything like mine (below - sorry for the blury enlargement) but Robin L' would be the one to say it it were an oddball one we don't often see...
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
        It's the tradition skull for Infanterie Regiment 17, worn between the wreath and the eagle. I can't say if it's original or not but I don't get a good feeling about it for some reason.

Ian.
        Ian it doesn't looks like tradition scull for Inf. reg. 17, I start think that it even not German.

Comment

OK, it looks like a bad attempt AT a tradition badge for Inf. Rgt. 17

I'm sure Robin will tell you precisely what it is.

Ian.

Comment

It might or might not be German. It isn't for IR17.............although of the same general style.

A similar one was posted by another member on what was billed as a mortar trooper's cap. (?)

Black skulls were worn by one of the Freikorps units (confirmed from original literature) so I think the one below is probably FK.
            Attached Files

Comment

Totenkopf

WOW!! Leave it to "Rockin' Robin" to come up with something most of us haven't seen before. No wonder he is the guy everyone asks for when most of us don't have a clue! Great photo!! Thanks. Now I want a cap like that.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X