Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions requested on WIKING cufftitle

Colleagues,

may I have some opinions on this WIKING Cufftitle? I am unsure of this one and look to a seasoned collector.

All opinions welcome.

Cheers.

Michael Collins
    Attached Files

fake/repro

Comment

Wiking

Hi,
      Its a Fake im afraid , the were made as a Bevo type unlike the standard
      bevo pattern

Cheers
      S

Comment

Michael have you tried to look in the fake SS insignia threads in the top of this SS forum?

I also advice on using the search function of this forum.

Its an old book mark fake SS cuff as already stated and you would have found the answer yourself if you would have taken the time to use the above mentioned functions. In this hobby YOU need to know what you are doing.

Best regards

"Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

Wiking

Originally posted by Sjking View Post
          Hi,
          Its a Fake im afraid , the were made as a Bevo type unlike the standard
          bevo pattern

Cheers
          S
          Didn't these have unfinished ends as well?
          Peter

Comment

fake indeed :-(

Comment

Thank you all for sharing your opinions. I did search the Forum and was unsuccessful in finding one comparable.

Please send this Photo to the Fakes section.

Cheers.

Michael Collins

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                Michael have you tried to look in the fake SS insignia threads in the top of this SS forum?

I also advice on using the search function of this forum.

Its an old book mark fake SS cuff as already stated and you would have found the answer yourself if you would have taken the time to use the above mentioned functions. In this hobby YOU need to know what you are doing.

Best regards

"Felix" - N. Hansson
                Yes Felix, I did. Can you send the link the the one in question? As for knowing what to do: I humble myself to the people who know. I'm sorry if my question troubled you. I appreciate your gentle suggestion though...

Respectfully,

Michael Collins

Comment

Cuff Title Reference

Here is the link:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=83489&page=13
                  Post 181.

It is in the fake insignia section that is pinned at the top of this forum.

If you’re going to get into cuff titles, may I suggest investing in these works:

German Military Cuffbands; 1784-Present by Gordon Williamson and Thomas McGuirl

A Collectors Guide to SS and Political Cuffbands Vols. I & II by Ulric of England.

Cloth Insignia of the SS by John Angolia

Though none of these books are cheap, they will save you money in the long run.

Charles Betz
                  Last edited by C. Betz; 02-19-2008, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Thank you Charles.

The two Cufftitles I have are Vet acquired pieces. This WIKING title was being offered as an addition to a questionable SS Helmet.

I do agree, spend the money on Books. I had my doubts on this one due to the narrow text of the WIKING. Thank you for the link and the suggested reading. This is great benefit to others as well.

Cheers.

Michael Collins

Comment

Hi Michael, these repros have been around since the late 1970's.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

never built a bevo Wiking ct

Comment

Good work Charles!

Micahel; Im not troubled at all by your question. I rather tried to give you some help on the way. Its not that easy to collect SS items. Knowledge is almost everything in this hobby. However that cuff title in question is one of the easiest style cuffs to identiy as a fake. Thats why I wanted give you a "little kick up the bum" to do you your homework the next time

No hard feelings.

"Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                            Good work Charles!

Micahel; Im not troubled at all by your question. I rather tried to give you some help on the way. Its not that easy to collect SS items. Knowledge is almost everything in this hobby. However that cuff title in question is one of the easiest style cuffs to identiy as a fake. Thats why I wanted give you a "little kick up the bum" to do you your homework the next time

No hard feelings.

"Felix" - N. Hansson
                            Enough...PLEASE...I get the picture...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X