SS Uniform opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Pete,

If I remember correct it had reverse zig zag collar stitching,a bad SS-BW stamp and looked like it had been put through a washing machine several times to some how make it look worn.

With regards,

Glenn
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Would be pleased to see any collected photos and experience of these two items also out of N&T:

1) 12th SS officers Panzer wrappper (reccon) in leather. N&T 1999-2000 price 4500 USD. Had full bullion insignia , no cufftitle, but bevo eagle.

2) 12th SS U Boat uniform (reccon), had bullion insignia, no cufftitle, and added tunic collar. Price 6000-8000 USD. Leather m43 Cap with bullion skull and leather pants also included.

Best,

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
        N&T 1999-2000. Artillery officer. Price unknown.
        This Untersturmfuhrer overcoat reappeared on Manions in 04' w/Gilt LAH cyphers & Embriodered Officers CT .
        __________________________________________________ ______________
        Cheers Steve

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
          Would be pleased to see any collected photos and experience of these two items also out of N&T:

1) 12th SS officers Panzer wrappper (reccon) in leather. N&T 1999-2000 price 4500 USD. Had full bullion insignia , no cufftitle, but bevo eagle.

2) 12th SS U Boat uniform (reccon), had bullion insignia, no cufftitle, and added tunic collar. Price 6000-8000 USD. Leather m43 Cap with bullion skull and leather pants also included.

Best,

Pete
          Pete ,Thanks for posting these,I believe these all came w/ an"expert's" certification.

I do have the images the above pieces.It was before I learned how to use the "save to file feature" on the computer.I was printing these back then.
          I'll scan & post them later if no one else steps forward.
          __________________________________________________ _____________
          Cheers Steve
          Last edited by SJP; 02-19-2008, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Is it possible to get closer shots of these tunics i.e. the insignia?

Comment

Sorry I do not. I did at one time but not anymore!

Best,

Pete

Comment

The officers tunic in post 23 from the KIA LAH officer allegedly had a fake sleeve Eagle. At the time he posted it to his site four different but identical in cut tunics with identical collar tabs and eagles were being sold in different places on the globe. If I remember, one in England and one in Germany all named to officers of premier divisions. This was before the forums really took off.A few of his tunics all had this same type officer insignias.

Comment

1) The Italian shields featuring the fasces were manufactured but it is pretty unlikely they were ever actually issued - FAKE

2) On the uniform attributed to a man who died in Poland: the blouse in service during the Polish campaign would have been the M36, which featured the dark collar and did not feature the large lapels. Whatever blouse is shown (I know I'm a tad rusty on these, but I believe that would be an M40, right?) would not have been around until after Poland - FAKE

Comment

Pete, from the cut of the SD Rottenführer tunic I would have concerns about that one as well.

Man, that is a s#itload of SS cloth...

Don

Comment

I only ever owned 4 pieces of these.

The rest were just what i was offered.

Best,

Pete

Comment

SS tunics

Hi Pete, thanks so much for sharing these pictures with us and the story. I certainly hope you received some satisfaction on return. It is the ongoing story of rip off tunics. Sonny

Comment

If it came within 20 miles of Norbert Graetz I wouldn't touch it.

Bob

Comment

U boat uniform. No further info, 2001, price 1250 usd. Never had it in hand.

best,

Pete
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

__________________________________________________ _______________
                                Cheers Steve
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X