mystery cuff title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mystery cuff title

Hi fellows I'm new at this so bare with me. I have a cuff title blue cloth with red thread border and the words Adolf Tho"l in red also. Its a regimental cuff title I think. Anyone know anything about it would appreciate help with this. I have tried to find this one with out any luck on the net. Thanks in advance.

a picture or a scan of the cuff title would help immencely

Comment

Picture

I have up loaded image hope this works.
      Last edited by Joeachim; 03-17-2009, 01:32 PM.

Comment

SS-Foot Regiment N° 30
        Standarte Honor Title : Adolf Höh
        Sturm Honor Title : 1 Fritz Borawski, 3 August Pfaff, 11 Adolf Höh

From book "Cloth Insignia of the SS" John Angolia, Bender, page 91

Greetings.

Polux

Comment

Cufftitle

Thanks for the reply does anyone know the approxamate value of this on the market.

Comment

Question

Have these been seen very often or are they rare to find?

Comment

Wondering

I know this cufftitle is 100 percent the real thing. Would someone out there have a approximate value of this pls I would appreciate a opinion.

Comment

You might want to start a thread on it in the SS section for more responses. Mark.

Comment

Thread moved to here.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Rare

Yes it is rare, but not desirable. And the condition is bad as it is terribly shortened. I would say $500.
                    Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; 03-11-2008, 04:20 PM. Reason: sp.

Comment

In real estate there are three considerations: Location, Location and finally Location.
                      In collectables there are six considerations: Originiality, Rarity, Desirabilty, and most importantly Condition, Condition, and Condition.

The cuff scores high on the first two but is sadly lacking on the last three.

What ought to be a couple of thousand is probably only worth a few hundred due to the last three.

Dr. S. put his comments in while I was composing mine; agree with his valuation and then only to a very narrow group of very specialized collectors.

Comment

I would love to have it, poor condition or not. It is still a very nice piece.

Bob hritz
                        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasuberalles View Post
                          In collectables there are six considerations: Originiality, Rarity, Desirabilty, and most importantly Condition, Condition, and Condition.
                          I will add my personal qualification to the importance of condition. While we all look for items to be in good, undamaged condition, I, for one, find an item considerably less desirable if it is absolutely mint and unissued. I collect pieces of military history; that means an item had to be issued and worn to be of interest to me. A mint, unissued item may be a perfect specimen, but, without any connection to historical events, is meaningless to me. I am not interested in an item which spent the war in a factory, warehouse, tailor shop, or salesman's sample case. To me, these are pieces of textile history, not military history.

Comment

cufftitle

This SS cufftitle is pretty cool, rare and a nice piece..too bad about it being cut/shortened as it has.

The good news is that such shortened cufftitles routinely sell for about what has been already stated..such a shortened RZM LAH cufftitle just sold on a forum member's website in the $500 range. Now, I know an Allgemeine SS cufftitle and a combat-worn Waffen SS cufftitle of the premiere Waffen SS division aren't a one-to-one apples-to-apples comparison, but you get an idea.

I'm sure if you listed it on the estand as it is, for a price in that ballpark, you'll find a taker..you may have already in Bob!
                            "We all have it coming, Kid" ("Unforgiven")

Comment

Thanks

Thanks to all for the comments that helps a lot. Concerning the condition I understand what your all saying. My brother was a combat medic with the second division and i don't think he had the time to take the cuff off neatly from a dead German. I also had a Adolf Hitler one but its complete not part like this one. I'm not ready to sell it but if i do ill let you know. Thanks again for all the response.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X