a quick question on ss long service medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a quick question on ss long service medal

Hi i need some kind advice from collectors, as i am going to look for one in my collection. I understand that there are only 2 makers for ss long service medals: Deschler of Munich and Petz & Lorenz. Is there any variations in production for each firm? (particular 4 & 8 year) or they use the standard mould through out their production? Thank you in advance

2 types exist

The one commonly refered to as Deschler is crisper and more detailed IMO. The easiest difference to spot between the 2 types is the jump ring atop of the medal. There are many threads with excellent photos to help you, just click the search key and type SS 4 year service medal etc. and you should be set.
    Regards,
    Kale

Comment

Which one is this???

Tom
      Attached Files

Comment

P&l

P&L type....acorns aren't as detailed as on the so called Deschler variety and the jumpring is taller and thinner here than the Deschler type. I believe the runes on the reverse side differ slightly between the two types.

I think this Badge is original but I am not as familiar with this type.
        Best , Kale

Comment

ss medal

Thank you Kale. i will do more search and see more pictures

Comment

Kale, here is the other side...Tom
            Attached Files

Comment

I still think badge is a good one. This looks like ones I have seen in previous threads that were given the OK .There are many threads worth checking on these medals. More opinions would be helpful all the same.
              Best, Kale
              Last edited by Kale Michael; 02-05-2008, 01:09 AM. Reason: add text

Comment

Its a good one.
                You can learn more about it here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=233364

This model was belive to be PL as maker, but for now, i think no one can afirm it with so sure. We know about two models, but do not know what was made from Deschler and what was from Petz&Lorenz.

Comment

Originally posted by clevischi View Post
                  Its a good one.
                  You can learn more about it here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=233364

This model was belive to be PL as maker, but for now, i think no one can afirm it with so sure. We know about two models, but do not know what was made from Deschler and what was from Petz&Lorenz.
                  I believe Deschler used the same, fat jump ring on their other medals.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X