SS Old Fighters Document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Old Fighters Document

I wasn't sure if anyone had an official "Old Fighters Chevron" document, so I decided to post this. I was surprised to see that something like this existed. It says that the person was justified to wear the chevron.
    Peter Manzie
    Attached Files

they existed thats is right

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
      I wasn't sure if anyone had an official "Old Fighters Chevron" document, so I decided to post this. I was surprised to see that something like this existed. It says that the person was justified to wear the chevron.
      Peter Manzie

Peter-

A very nice - and original - document.

Here is a picture of Wilhelm Sparwasser's SS-Unterführer-Ausweis. I have been trying to track down this Ausweis since I missed it on the estand about a year and a half ago (I will pay significantly for it!)

It's nice to see more from the Sparwasser grouping.

Rob
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Rob Johnson; 02-04-2008, 10:59 AM.

Comment

I have fine group of documents with such document!
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

And the main document of this theme certainly!
              Attached Files

Comment

Has got on front!
                Attached Files

Comment

Alten Kampfer !!! (Note - all with Gold Party badge )
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice collection Pitomnik ! :o

Mark

Comment

Very nice documents shown by all. Thanks for sharing them.
                      One question about these Old Fighter Chevrons... I have traditionally seen them on uniforms with a black backing. More recently I have seen a few on police officer and wss officer tunics with a GREEN backing. Did the ones with green backing exist or are they a fantasy item???
                      Doug

Comment

Of course they existed. There are also other "old fighter" chevrons for other brances of service.

Tom

Comment

Background color

Originally posted by DougO View Post
                          Very nice documents shown by all. Thanks for sharing them.
                          One question about these Old Fighter Chevrons... I have traditionally seen them on uniforms with a black backing. More recently I have seen a few on police officer and wss officer tunics with a GREEN backing. Did the ones with green backing exist or are they a fantasy item???
                          Doug
                          Hi Doug,
                          I am not sure the exact role of the background color, I have seen woven version with a white background as well. I also have an allgemeine tunic that I acquired from a vet that just has the silver tresse or tape version sewn to a piece of black chevron shaped wool.
                          Regards, Peter Manzie

Comment

Tom and Pete,
                            Thanks for your answers. Let me try to be more specific. I have seen waffen ss tunics with the old fighters chevron on black (as one would expect) and I have recently seen a waffen ss tunic with one sewn on that had a green background. I have heard that the ones on green were for Police, but when I checked with Joe Wodka he informed me that the regulations called for the police to have it on black backing as well.
                            Thus my question, who was authorized to use this old fighters chevron on green?
                            Doug

Comment

Originally posted by DougO View Post
                              Tom and Pete,
                              Thanks for your answers. Let me try to be more specific. I have seen waffen ss tunics with the old fighters chevron on black (as one would expect) and I have recently seen a waffen ss tunic with one sewn on that had a green background. I have heard that the ones on green were for Police, but when I checked with Joe Wodka he informed me that the regulations called for the police to have it on black backing as well.
                              Thus my question, who was authorized to use this old fighters chevron on green?
                              Doug
                              Anyone that was authorized to wear an old fighter chevron. They just matched the background color to the tunic color. Look, there are old fighter chevrons on party brown for wear on the NSDAP tunic, and even special ones for customs tunics, etc.

Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X