Pictures of Eastern Turkish SS Cufftitle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pictures of Eastern Turkish SS Cufftitle

Does anyone have pictures of the Eastern Turkish SS green cufftitle in a period photo? Perhaps some of our Russian collector friends? I always felt these were indeed issued but because there are no pictures as they were mostly in the East, it can't be proven. Perhaps in the Russian photo archives? May rare insignias show actual use based on only one or two pictures.

I thought, they were never issued!

Comment

That is the popular notion, they were never issued, but there is no concrete proof either way as far as I know. Some insignias thought never to have been issued have shown up in photos over the last years like the Landstorm Nederland cufftitle. As photos trickle out of the Russian archives there may be a number of interesting surprises.

Comment

As far as I know, it was never issued because the whole unit was wearing predominately WH insignias. The most that could have happend when the unit was under SS command, would be an attachment of a sleeve eagle.

Comment

Turkoman SS troops

Askold, this picture from a Russian site has always intrigued me as it shows Turkoman troops with mixed Heer uniforms and what appears to be WAFFEN SS!!!! Note collar tabs!
          but unfortunately no cuff titles visible...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by NickG; 02-06-2008, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Yes, that is one of two photos that prove use of Kaukasian collar tab. I never seen the second one but apparently its in someone's collection, however they are not turkoman (that would be turkistan, wolga tatars - and they wore wolf's head tab) but muslim members of Kaukasische SS regiment. Even thouse guys mostly wear WH uniforms. I would assume that by the time both Kaukasian and Turkestan SS reg. were created, not to many members had time to change the insignia, accept perhaps few officers. Similar example can be seen in Cossack uniforms photos - even though they were under SS, they continuted to wear WH uniforms.

Comment

OK thanks for clearing that up! Its still a great image, these members of the Kaukasische SS regiment!
              Would they have also been entitled to the Muslim troops SS cufftitle if it was (had been) issued?
              Last edited by NickG; 02-06-2008, 01:38 AM.

Comment

No, because they belonged to a different unit (Kaukasians, not Ostturks)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X