No announcement yet.

strange museum display Das Reich SS uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if there was a fraud...the museum curator or the museum it self had recived a donation which was real...and it was exchanged by someone and put a fake in saying all the people out there wont know if they have a good story....anyway these happend in museums. Actually here in Australia in Canberra there was a big problem of things disappering and many high ranking soldiers were in it... I hope thats not the case this time.

Comment

Originally posted by ApathyL View Post
      What if there was a fraud...the museum curator or the museum it self had recived a donation which was real...and it was exchanged by someone and put a fake in saying all the people out there wont know if they have a good story....anyway these happend in museums. Actually here in Australia in Canberra there was a big problem of things disappering and many high ranking soldiers were in it... I hope thats not the case this time.
      I am pretty sure that is what billbert was suggesting in post #6 when he referred to the "old switcheroo."

Comment

On the NOSEY!!Billbert

Comment

Could it be a modified Swiss tunic?
          Here´s a link showing a Swiss tunic, that closely resembles the uniform in question:
          http://www.militarytour.com/Reproduc...rms/39Swed.htm

Comment

Swiss

Yes Mommi you unlocked the mystery! Its for sure a war time Swiss tunic post war converted to look like Waffen SS, that somebody donated or sold (for big money?) to this museum!
            Below is a side by side comparison shot!

I've actually seen this problem before! At the "verzets museum"(Resistance museum) in Dordrecht Holland they had a Swedish conversion on display with clearly bogus SS insignia added. When I made a comment about it, one of the museum staff said that it was genuine and came from a reliable source! Sure! If its in a museum its gotta be genuine, right?

The general public would never know any difference and museums don't care or just not willing to admit that they have been taken...displaying bad pieces in their collection
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NickG; 02-03-2008, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X