Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Eagle?

Colleagues,

May I have some opinions on this Sleeve Eagle? I checked the Fake section and found none like it. I have not seen a double ringed stitched Eagle before...

Opinions?

Cheers,

Michael Collins

? ?
    Attached Files

Back
    Attached Files

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Bird

I am afraid it is bad , along with the runes tab he is selling also.

Comment

Originally posted by Sayle F View Post
          yes its not a original one

Comment

Thank you all.

Where's there's one, there's bound to be others...

Please move this to the FAKE section for reference.

Respectfully,

Michael Collins

Post Script: I retract my statement. Please move this to the Original Section. I will however, leave my original statement in place...

Michael Collins
            Last edited by Pfalz DIIIa; 01-25-2008, 12:32 PM.

Comment

This SS Eagle is real!!

Originally posted by Pfalz DIIIa View Post
              Colleagues,

May I have some opinions on this Sleeve Eagle? I checked the Fake section and found none like it. I have not seen a double ringed stitched Eagle before...

Opinions?

Cheers,

Michael Collins

? ?
              I have surprise for everyone. This is a real ss eagle, 1000%. I obtained one directly from the vet mid 1970's and I still have it. There was no chance the vet picked it up from a flea market and all that stuff, etc, etc. IT IS REAL!!!
              Peter Manzie

Comment

I agree with Peter. I put one of these up for discussion, and a number of forum members also expressed the belief they were original, but a strange variant. I think these are odd, but original pieces, IMHO. s/f Robert

Comment

To your point

Attached Files

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                      I have surprise for everyone. This is a real ss eagle, 1000%. I obtained one directly from the vet mid 1970's and I still have it. There was no chance the vet picked it up from a flea market and all that stuff, etc, etc. IT IS REAL!!!
                      Peter Manzie
                      Thank you for the vote Peter. I have been in touch with the owner and I am negotiating a deal...

What struck me was the shape of the Head. It "Felt" right. But when I could not find another, I was skeptical.

Peter? Can you post a photo of your Eagle? I would be grateful.

I learn something new everyday!

Cheers,

Michael Collins
                      Last edited by Pfalz DIIIa; 01-30-2008, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Mike, the runes are abad fake, though - I'd just go for the eagle, and not for full price. This type will not be accepted across the board as being "right" for sometime, if ever. It will probably take a period photo of two.

Comment

SS Bird

Collect what you like. I have looked at thousands of period pictures and never have seen an eagle like this in wear. Of course that does not mean it is not original, but when you see them at gun shows for sale for $25 dollars and being sold along side obvious fakes it does make you wonder. If you got one from a Vet that is identical to this one then maybe these are good. It all comes down to collecting what you are comfortable with and not collecting by consensus.

Comment

Colleagues,

I agree the SS Runes were bad. I was not interested in them for many reasons:
                            Attached Files

Comment

Back
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X