http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=265288

Thanks....

Originally posted by Philips View Post
    Hello all1
    please say me it§s original or not?
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=265288

Thanks....
    ahoj
    hey Paul is one of the best members here,so I think now you have your answer

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
      ahoj
      hey Paul is one of the best members here,so I think now you have your answer
      Danke!

Comment

This corresponds to other known originals down to the correct black muslin used for the back.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Its an original!

I once sold this kind of shield as a cut off to Raymond here. Another patch I regret selling but one cant keep it all.

Comment

They've been making these for years. this site has had a few variations,,,all reproduction.
            What is the difference so we can tell what is good and what is not?
            http://www.ostfront.com/Merchant2/me...W_GER_Insignia

Comment

Hello all. I must admit I couldn't find another detailed photo of a original to compare with. A close friend of mine bought this 10-15 years ago and I always felt very good about it's construction. I must say I was a little concerned when I saw the a similarly constructed piece on the Ostfront website. Any detailed help would be much appreciated as I will never, sell something I know is questionable although I do appreaciate the kind comments guys.

Comment

Looks like a reproduction made in the last 10 years to me. This type in new resp aged condition have been available in the Baltic countries for years. I have seen them many times, all looking exactly like the one sold, all with the black backing. Also aged ones, and also sewn to pieces of cloth.

Maybee this is original, but it would be close to impossible to differe it from the fakes in my opinion!

Lasse

Comment

Hi I totally agree with Gaspare this early pattern shield has been reproduced a lot. I’ve searched my own personal files to see if I can find one to make a comparison but unfortunately I can’t find one.

Rene Chavez
                  http://axis101.bizland.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lasse Kongo View Post
                    Looks like a reproduction made in the last 10 years to me. This type in new resp aged condition have been available in the Baltic countries for years. I have seen them many times, all looking exactly like the one sold, all with the black backing. Also aged ones, and also sewn to pieces of cloth.

Maybee this is original, but it would be close to impossible to differe it from the fakes in my opinion!

Lasse
                    My brother picked one up for me up just like that (with same black backing) in Estonia while visiting several years back. He paid under $20 bucks at a flea market. Either its real and he (I) got lucky or its another one of those "remakes"... most likely the latter if these are all over the place!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NickG; 01-19-2008, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Certainly scaring if repros are this good. I got mine 6-7 years ago from a guy claiming it was bought in Estonia in the early 90's. known original examples would be great to compare with.

Comment

I've known Paul for some time and I am always very happy purchasing items from him. I happen to see identical sleeve shield posted on Estonian collector's forums, they seem to think its original.

Comment

I would feel more comfortable if it look like this one!

As you can see there were various patterns worn that were locally manufactured. These early style shields were initially used by members of "SCHUMA" battalions and eventually continued to be worn by other formations. Certain Estonians who elected to join the Legion or were transferred to the Legion continued to use this style of shield. There is picture evidence that the shield listed in E-stand was certainly worn, however trying to determine if it's real well thats another matter..

Rene Chavez
                          http://axis101.bizland.com
                          Last edited by Rene Chavez; 01-18-2008, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Ostfront are some good guys with a good reputation..
                            These Estonian ones are 'Sold Out'.. He's had them before and sold out of those too. He's had them in and out of stock for years.. As written they are made from the proper materials the same way as the originals...

Point I'd like to make is,,items like this can't be proven one way or another, and there should never be blanket statements that they are period originals because then a false standard gets developed..

Comment

it's very hard to say if it's original or not because all this kind of shields are littlebit different. why? beacuse these were all handmade by school students and wives from ERÜ (organization in estonia during world war 2). and if they produced those shields in 1943 then it's very easy to produce those in 1999 or 2007 if you have the same materials.
                              here is one of my shields which is 100% original - this one also has the black backing but i also have one same type shield without the black cloth on back.

imo the shield sold on estand is very nice original.

http://www.wehrmacht.pri.ee/kollekts...varrukas/4.JPG

and some more estonian shields ...

http://www.wehrmacht.pri.ee/kollekts.../varrukas.html

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X