Schwere SS-Panzer-Abteilung 503

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schwere SS-Panzer-Abteilung 503

Since I have not as yet received any input with this thread ( http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=264950 ), I decided to post it under a different title that hopefully will get some better responses.

Chuck
    Last edited by vonStubben; 07-25-2008, 09:21 PM.

Reverse

Comment

hi Chuck
      the boards are nice originals for sure,hard to tell if the numbers are since 1945 here but very nice boards

Comment

closer

Comment

hi Chuck
          the boards are nice originals for sure,hard to tell if the numbers are since 1945 here but very nice boards

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
            hi Chuck
            Thanks for the quick response.

That is always the question. Are the numbers original to the boards? They look to be as they are well sunk into the cloth and the bit of zink pest that is present on one of the numbers actually touches (almost adhering to) the cloth. The tress actually has a very nice, light, patina as well.

The other questions I have is whether the heavy tank (Tiger) battalions had any artillery attached to them as these are red piped.

I am almost certain that these are SS................, or not?

Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by vonStubben View Post
              Thanks for the quick response.

That is always the question. Are the numbers original to the boards? They look to be as they are well sunk into the cloth and the bit of zink pest that is present on one of the numbers actually touches (almost adhering to) the cloth. The tress actually has a very nice, light, patina as well.

The other questions I have is whether the heavy tank (Tiger) battalions had any artillery attached to them as these are red piped.

I am almost certain that these are SS................, or not?

Chuck
              yes Chuck the are Waffen SS boards

Comment

Just curious, is there a member of the forum who has period pictures of Schwere SS Panzer Abteilung 503 members or attached units with numbers on the shoulderbords? The period pictures I've seen of members of this unit never show the number 503, what as a fact means nothing cause it could be possible I suppose. The opening picture of Peter von Lukacs site is a well known one, from the 503.

Seth.

Comment

There were several units attached as Corps troops to the III (Germanisches) SS-Panzer-Korps that were identified by the numerical designation "503". Given the waffenfarbe, my bet is that your insignia is from SS-Flak-Abteilung 503 (SS Anti-aircraft Battalion 503).

Mike
                  Last edited by Mike C; 01-18-2008, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Hey Chuck,How you doin.Long time since Ive spoke to you.Here is some info I pilfered from Axis History forum...maybe it will answer your question.If it doesnt post I'll try to email.Take Care, Dave T.(in Jax)......I guess not...I can not post attachments.Shoulder boards may be from schwere SS-Artillerie-Abteilung-503 or SS-B-Batterie-503.Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by David T View Post
                      Hey Chuck,How you doin.Long time since Ive spoke to you.Here is some info I pilfered from Axis History forum...maybe it will answer your question.If it doesnt post I'll try to email.Take Care, Dave T.(in Jax)......I guess not...I can not post attachments.Shoulder boards may be from schwere SS-Artillerie-Abteilung-503 or SS-B-Batterie-503.Hope this helps
                      Hello Dave, nice to hear from you again. I appreciate the information. Use the forum to e-mail me why don't you?

Regards,

Chuck

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X