• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Anyone Identify This Cufftitle?

[IMG][/IMG]

its on the back of the ss uniforms and accoutrements book

Comment

it has an uncanny likeness to this 1/6 figures cufftitle noone can identify

Comment

its on the back cover of this book{original photo }

Comment

not familiar with this photo. is there any reference to the dat or where it was taken?

alo its vey blurred, was this done with digital zoom instead of optical, or ould you take a zoom slightly further out?

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
            Looks like Führerhauptquartier.

Comment

it certainly does seem to match it yeah... as for the photo from the cover, im still puzzled. that would be my best guess at the moment, though a cant even tell from the uniforms what it could be.

is there definitely no caption inside to say where this was taken?

Comment

Both look like the 2nd pattern - compare to that:

(Thats the first pattern:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...rhauptquartier)

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                  Both look like the 2nd pattern - compare to that:
                  Attached Files

Comment

The cufftitle in the picture is the first pattern script version of the band worn at SS Schule Braunschweig.
                    Derek

Comment

im more swayed by dereks answer as regards the photo from the book.

Comment

First Pattern SS-Schule Braunsweig Cuff Title.

Here is the first pattern SS-Schule Braunsweig cuff title in Sutterlin for comparison.
                        Ref: Angolia's Cloth Insignia of the SS. 2nd Edition, 1983, Page 168.

Charles Betz
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by C. Betz; 01-14-2008, 10:55 PM.

Comment

ok heres what im after i guess fuhrenhaupterquarter is what the cufftitle reads on the action figure up close.the company who produced it attached this to an allgemeine ss doll ive heard this cufftitle only goes with the grossdeutchland is this true ?the company DID they are called, is forever making mistakes with insignia let me know if this cufftitle goes with ss men please then me and plenty of other 1/6 collectors will finally be satisfied whether to change the title on their figures!!!albeit im also a full size uniform collector.

Comment

what i mean is

WHAT IM ASKING IS DID ANY SS EVER WEAR THE Führerhauptquartier cufftitle

Comment

ive only ever seen modern photos of the title itself, but have never yet seen a period photo of one on uniform. all i can say from what ive read is that members of hitlers headquarters were permitted to wear a cuff title, and that examples exist (and of course have been copied). i too would very much like to know of any photographic evidence of this being worn at the time, so i hope someone can shed some light.

as for the photo on the book, to be honest my first guess at the photo was going to be the grossdeuschlund title, but given the uniforms i think its too early for that. and even that doesnt seem to quite fit the shape of the letters on it. maybe ss-feldgendarmerie? at the moment i think derek and betz give the bet fit, but i still cant be sure

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X