Cloth Totenkopf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloth Totenkopf

Hi folks, Sunday morning, cafine fix is in, next stop is loading the wood furnace. Just thought I might ask your opinions of this skull in an effort to learn more about these.

This is on a foreign cap.

Any wisdom you might bestow would be appreciated.

Thanx, Rick C.
    Attached Files

A fake IMO.

Regards,
    Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_C View Post
      A fake IMO.

Regards,
      Nick
      I agree, its a fake.

Im sorry

"Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
        I agree, its a fake.

Im sorry

"Felix" - N. Hansson
        Yeaph,I agree not a good one
        wish I had better news for you

sorry
        <John
        sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Okay. Question though: were these (made in foreign countries) expected to be the same as those made in the Fatherland?

Where I don't have much experience with SS cloth, is there any tell tales you might share that point to this NOT being period (German or occupied territories) manufacture? RC

Comment

Hello.

Here is a real one on the Left compared to your Skull on the right. Mine is from a FEZ...

Look at the Weave. Also compare the stitch details of the Skulls. I would have to agree with the other fellows and consider other options.

Cheers,

Michael Collins
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenixpwb View Post
              Okay. Question though: were these (made in foreign countries) expected to be the same as those made in the Fatherland?

Where I don't have much experience with SS cloth, is there any tell tales you might share that point to this NOT being period (German or occupied territories) manufacture? RC
              My advice is study, study and even further studies! Use the search function in this forum and type original BeVo skull. Browse carefully all the threads and download the photos and create your own picture bank.
              Also see the threads with the fake SS insignia at the top of this very forum.

Its a reality that it takes many years of studies to become fairly familiar with authentic SS insignias. The combination of studies of images (i.e books and internet forums) and of course handling the real examples is the only way. Sure, you can rely on others "expertise" as well, but that will leave you in a vulnerable position and a novice. A true collector with passion and interest will soon realise that you have to aquire the needed knowledge to stay in this hobby. Its damn rewarding and fun as well.

I will share this image with you to compare with as a start. It shows a few know originals and some common fakes. (Its not mine and if any complaints I will remove)

Cheers

"Felix" - N. Hansson
              Attached Files

Comment

This one is on my Fez. Looks a bit different than the one on Michael's fez as well as the examples posted by Felix.

Clearly there are various examples of 'Bevo' skulls.

I guess it may be a while before the nuances jump out at me as they seem to for you guys.
                Attached Files

Comment

forgive my ignorance, but it the skull posted one of the 'mustached' fakes ive read about?

Comment

I think what you are talking about is a metal skull the teeth come up too far giving a mustache look. Phoenix I think the ss insignia book showed 6 variations of skulls. The one you have on that fez is my favorite very nice quality.
                    Last edited by Banzi64; 01-13-2008, 12:36 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Banzi64;2402424]I think what you are talking about is a metal skull the teeth come up too far giving a mustache look. Phoenix I think the ss insignia book showed 6 variations of skulls. The one you have on that fez is my favorite very nice quality.[/QUOTE

ah right. just if you look at the stitching on this one he seems to have a very errol flynn tache along his lip and curling up at the ends haha

Comment

Here is a comparison to Phoenix Skull. My other Fez is on the left, Phoenix Center and my second Fez on the Right.

Some variations; however notice the weave.

I agree, it takes time and study. And fellow Collectors willing to share!

This is a wonderful Hobby!

Michael Collins
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Pfalz DIIIa; 01-13-2008, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X