oberbayern deutschland erwache standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oberbayern deutschland erwache standard

Well, one could retire if he had these beautys in hand! Here is a recently acquired pic of SS standartes being trooped, it would seem in alphabetical order, as the next DE behind it, looks also to begin with Ob..any guesses on that?

And, what is even more cool, is that they are being led out of the building by the blood flag, and i have made a closeup of the poletop..first time i have ever seen what it really looked like when it was 'out on parade' so to speak..

Also interesting is how the higher ranking officers in front are also wearing the field pack etc..how common was this practice?

Date is Sept 1936
    Attached Files

Oberbayern box
    Attached Files

Comment

Blood flag pole top..if you compare it to the size of the DE tops, it is actually quite large..
      Attached Files

Comment

Doug,
        Just a guess but I think the 2nd Standard is Oberpfalz and the 3rd one is Niederbayern.

Comment

Good Guess

That does look like Niederbayern.

Comment

Just a thought..but if anyone has the DE book...did the Oberbayern , or any of the other two, survive the war?

Comment

Hello,

I have the Deutschland Erwache book by Ulric of England and it appears very few Standards survived the war according to the author, especially whole standards (with all the parts). It's hard to believe that though considering how many standards were issued.

Best,

James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X