Camo cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camo cap

Any comments on the "vet" camo cap in this thread? I personally would say it's field made at best. Has anyone seen stitching like this and construction that sloppy?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=258772

Best,

Pete
    Last edited by pete; 12-28-2007, 11:34 AM.

Hello Pete!
    The black cap is sure original IMO, the camo cap can be a real "fast", later construction, I saw already Air holes stitched by hands in this way on very later SS smocks...in Oakleaf "B" and BE...
    The camo BE Cap can be Original in regular factory made..also if very innacurate...the construction it's OK, only the stitching are made very bad..but all correct for what I can see from this few pictures...
    Could be very interesting see other pictures...
    By Lorenz

Originally posted by pete View Post
    Any comments on the "vet" camo cap in this thread? I personally would say it's field made at best. Has anyone seen stithcing like this and construction that sloppy?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=258772

Best,

Pete

Comment

Lorenz,
      I agree with you, but I am not quite happy with the camoprint- my old eyes need better pictures maybe.
      Best regards, Tom

Comment

camo cap

I am sketical of this camo cap also , as I have never seen this type of vent hole in a camo cap before, maybe better pictures would help , but for sure it is not a text book cap from the pictures submitted ??
        jim

Comment

and I realy like this cap,imo a nice later war item,and i will be happy if i can buy this one,a friend of me own a camo cap made like this one,and hes cap come from woodwork from hirschberg ,18 SS "Horst Wessel" fight area in spring 1945

Comment

Well first of all I think we need to determine whether this is a field-made or factory-made cap. If field-made why wasn't it worn --- appears to be unused. If factory-made, does it have all of the characteristics of the factory-made field caps. As mentioned, that is an odd configuration of vent holes.

Bob

Comment

camo cap

Besslein, can you post some pictures of your friends camo cap ? would like to see what pattern it is made in ?
              jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Toncar View Post
                Besslein, can you post some pictures of your friends camo cap ? would like to see what pattern it is made in ?
                jim
                i dont have photos,but i will email him for few shots

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X