No announcement yet.

Russian mapcase used by the SS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although anything is possible, I agree with Bob. A stamp that simply says SS-Headquarters? This looks like a document stamp to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
      When enemy map cases, full of intelligence, were captured by the SS, it wouldn't surprise me if they were sent to the SS Hauptamt for analysis, and I suppose its possible that they might have received a stamp there...
      Maybe, but I think that it more likely would have been sent to a much , much lower level Intell shop (like Bn, Rgt or maybe Div. in the hopes that some advantage may be gained and actually acted on (within hours or days and not a year later!)

The stamp I have no idea. It does not make sense on the surface nor do a whole lot of period original markings and modifications to items. Soldiers do strange things and collectors/military history students will never figure half of it out.

Comment

Over and over again when I read threads that share interesting items I get a sense that most collectors only believe that what they have is real and evrything else is mucked with. A perfectly original period map case and it will make a great display with any SS uniform or related items period. No need to anylize the stamp unless youre a scientist with ability to test the ink used.Nice Case, Id love to display one like it along side my Cavalry Brigade Hauptsturmfuhrer!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
        X