Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunic: real or fake.

Hello all.
    I was a a fellow collectors house yesterday and he showed me what he called an SS parade uniform, pants and shirt, that came from a "trustworthy" source; but I am affraid it is a copy. I do not have pics, but will try to give the maximum nuber of elements, and you can tell me if it sounds like anything that exists, or if it sounds like some tricked norweegen tunic.
    The shirt is feldgrau, and has shiny buttons that close the tunic all the way up to the collar. There is a bandage pocket; strange for a parade uniform. There are several stamps. One big circle with SS, one sort of rectangle with hand written numbers, and an LSSHA marking. Note: it is marked LSSHA, and not LSSAH. There are folded back cuffs, so the cuffs are not size adjustable. At the top of the folded back cuff, is a hole for a large button; but for what? There are traces of collar insignia, and EK1 at the button hole (but isnt this a tipical ruse on fakes...). The shirt is overall quite moth eaten.
    The pants have the same big stamps, and a black piping all the way down each side.
    I am sorry there are no pics, but from what I told you, can someone who knows a lot about SS stuff give me his opinion.

Thanks
    Jean Loup

PS: was there a model of SS dagger with the handle made of something els than wood?

Jean Loup ,
    sorry But with out photo!!!!!!!!!!!!! how long is a piece of string?

perhaps you could ask your friend to take some photo's
    cheers,
    Gary

Comment

Hi Jean-Loup;

I second Garys statements but would like to add that the authentic SS daggers I've encountered all had handles made of wood.
      Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X