Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rupture duck's Trophy TK

Hi there,

Insigna are good to me, just wondering if does it look like a genuine artifact to you guys..

http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPages/Cloth/c220.htm

Thanks
    T

Hello Tommaso.

I think I see your concerns, but IMO this is a genuine cut group of insignia. The lining may be cut different for many reasons.

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Comment

$1,700 WTF? You could probably get a complete cap for that!? insignia prices are getting way out of control.

Comment

Insigna look machine stitched to the cap.In this case I think that the seams should be not throught the lining.

Best
          Emilio

Comment

Originally posted by Panzergrenadiere71 View Post
            Insigna look machine stitched to the cap.In this case I think that the seams should be not throught the lining.
            I too would have to stop and give that some consideration.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Ben, If you know of an original 2 insignas SS M43 cap for 1700 dollars please let me know...

Comment

Originally posted by Tommaso View Post
                Ben, If you know of an original 2 insignas SS M43 cap for 1700 dollars please let me know...
                I think you mean less than

Comment

Regardless of what their price is really its all worth what YOU are willing to pay for it to secure it for your collection.

Somebody find me an Original WW2 Newfoundland Battle dress and Ill show you what I mean!

Comment

Originally posted by sturmbannfuhrer View Post
                    I think you mean less than
                    If you have it for 1700 I'll buy it straight away...Come on, now seems we got plenty of SS M43 around here just ready to be bought for few bucks...even I didn't see a proper Enlisted Man SS M43 for sale for ages!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommaso View Post
                      If you have it for 1700 I'll buy it straight away...even I didn't see a proper Enlisted Man SS M43 for sale for ages!
                      Well, if I were to sell one of mine, it would cost at least $3,000 (for an EM).

Of course part of that price would be based on it coming from my collection! (And everyone already knows how little that is worth in the overall price equation.)

B. N. Singer

Comment

I think the price is fair. I sold an almost identical piece a year ago for $1500 on estand in about five minutes. Also, I'm not 100% sure that the fabric behind the skull is part of the lining material per se. Notice it is not behind the eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
                          ...Also, I'm not 100% sure that the fabric behind the skull is part of the lining material per se. Notice it is not behind the eagle.
                          Good point Mr. Davis.

B. N. Singer

Comment

The price is not out of line with what I see being asked for similar pieces.

I saw a set on a (legit) cap swatch at 2100 dollars in 2006.

John

Comment

One Need Only Look At The Glut Of Insignia Stripped Maroon Handschar Fezes On The Market Today To Realize The Insignia Are Worth Far More Than The Entire Object. It Is Sad To See So Much Destruction Of Original Pieces For Profit.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X