This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is Mike Beaver?

Hi there, I agreed to purchase a geunine SS EM/NCO sleeve eagle which was taken off from the SS uniform at the end of WW2 from a WAF member via his website. This SS sleeve eagle was once owned by late Mike Beaver. This SS sleeve eagle have stitch holes that indicated that it was carefully taken off from the SS tunic or greatcoat. So Who is Mike Beaver? I never heard of him until now. Anyway, this geunine SS sleeve eagle was first time for me. I am happy to get that real thing for my collection. Thanks!

Originally posted by redjames2004 View Post
    So Who is Mike Beaver? I never heard of him until now.

You are joking right?

mike has written some of the main books when it comes to SS insignia
    cheers
    Gary

Comment

Mike Beaver

I hope that is not a joke, a bad one if it is intended to be one. There are people on the website who knew him personally. He passed away in 2005.

http://therupturedduck.com/WebPages/....%20Beaver.htm

Comment

Yes, he is very well-known and respected in the collecting community. His books are also well-read by most serious collectors, and he is greatly missed.

Chris

Comment

So Who is Mike Beaver? I never heard of him until now.
          Are you all in Southern Michigan still living in caves or something? Mike Beaver, like Tony Barto, whom this forum is named after, is a legend in our collecting community so if you're making jokes, it isn't funny and we take exception to it, especially those of us who personally knew him.

Bob

Comment

Hello all,

I do not think this is a joke at all and no question should be considered stupid so I appreciate you answering the rather new member's question.

William Kramer
            Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

No one is suggesting you are stupid, it is always okay to ask questions. I think we were suprised you are buying SS insignia without knowing who he is.

Mike Beaver was (is) pretty much the "King" of SS collecting.

He wrote most of the major reference works and had one of the best SS collections in the World.

Check out his books, they are worth every penny when you are collecting this stuff.

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
              Hello all,

I do not think this is a joke at all and no question should be considered stupid so I appreciate you answering the rather new member's question.

William Kramer

Comment

ok heres another question. No joke either.
                Who is Tony Barto ?
                I find nothing on him on the net, except some posts in AHF.

Cheers

Mark

Comment

Ok guys, calm down. James in not making a joke or being smart. He is not an SS collector. In fact he is not really a cloth collector. I meet him and he is a very nice and truly sincere man. I am sure he figured if a name was dropped it was an important collector. He was just now aware of him. Oh, and ha ha about South East Michigan Bob. That is were I am from too along with RobertH and a few more.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkChrisFrank View Post
                    ok heres another question. No joke either.
                    Who is Tony Barto ?
                    I find nothing on him on the net, except some posts in AHF.

Cheers

Mark
                    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=55157

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
                      He is not an SS collector. In fact he is not really a cloth collector.

That explains it somewhat then

Comment

thanks Gary !

Regards

Mark

Comment

Hi there, Thanks for this Rurptured Duck link about Mike Beaver. I now know about his excellent reputation as SS collector and his excellent books he authored on SS-related militaria. I now know about his background. He collected SS stuff until his untimely death in 2005. NTZ(Nick) and Robert H are from Michigan as me. I am primarily a TR medal collector until I decided to buy Mike Beaver's SS sleeve eagle for my collection from John T also a great WAF member. He bought this Beaver SS eagle directly from Bill Shea. Now I am proud buyer of this nice SS insignia once owned by Mike Beaver. Thanks!

Comment

Hi there,...So Who is Mike Beaver? I never heard of him until now. Anyway, this geunine SS sleeve eagle was first time for me. I am happy to get that real thing for my collection. Thanks!
                            This poor fellow asks a legitimate question and people take him to task!!

For shame!!!!

A simple, dignified answer would have sufficed IMHO!

B. N. Singer

Comment

every man must learn how to crawl before he can learn how to walk.

Everyone in here has at some point in their life been a beginner/newbie to collecting, whatever field of interest they may have.....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X