SS TK Cap Button - Marked M5/8 Is this One Original

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS TK Cap Button - Marked M5/8 Is this One Original

Is this buttton original? I have seen some forum discussion on M5/8 buttons, like below. Am I to asume that all M5/8's are regarded as fakes?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=M5%2F8+button
    Attached Files
    Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

No, sorry.

Comment

Regardless of the mark, this one should be obvious for what it is, an extremely poor cast fake. No original, by any maker, would be of such low quality, or made by casting at all for that matter.

Comment

Thanks, I figured it was a fake. I was confused by the linked thread in my original post. That is why I brought it up. Is there a real one this is based on?

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado View Post
            Thanks, I figured it was a fake. I was confused by the linked thread in my original post. That is why I brought it up. Is there a real one this is based on?
            There were no original M5/8 TK buttons. There were earlier fakes which were three-piece construction which some will argue are the "originals," but they are simply an older, better-made fake. This one is a cast, second-generation copy of that earlier fake.

Comment

I agree with Brad. No original Assmann skull buttons, no original cast buttons, and no original buttons with this style of skull.

Best, Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X