Clear All

Ever see one of these?

Ever see one of these?
    Attached Files

Back

Back
    Attached Files

Comment

To answer your question, I have NEVER seen one of these before. I've never even seen one in a book.

Comment

Irish

That would be the opposite of what the Irish call a lucky charm? I cannot fathom that this item is real.

Comment

Jewish SS sonderkommando with over 82000 members-must be my eyes-I just don't see it happening
          cheers
          Matt

Comment

The Germans didn't even allow their foreign volunteers to wear the runes .... why would they allow Jews to ?

This is just a junk,fantasy item.

Ian.

Comment

Last edited by bnz. 42; 12-01-2007, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Hi Guys...

I have seen plenty of these, both with and without the stamped-in markings.

I have seen them over the last 15 years.

They are fantasy pieces sold to deceive collectors.

You will see them made of brass and possibly other materials such as the above example.

You will see them brand new and aged.

Kindest Regards,

John

Comment

...also it is interesting on this example how the Sonderkommando member is alleged to have been in the command at 1938...I am not sure it existed then?

I have had real holocaust items, but most on the market are fake.

Kindest Regards,

John

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                    The Germans didn't even allow their foreign volunteers to wear the runes ....

Ian.
                    Foreign volunteers were allowed to wear the runes. Some div had their own collar tab, that's different.

Comment

I would say the most thing those people had was an upgraded ID card, and a specail identification band or hat.....and without anything extra like SS marked ID tags. Best would be to ask the Holocaust muesum.

Best,

Pete

Comment

I was a recent militarily show and saw this mixed in with the sellers other items. He was an older Gentleman I could see he was having health problems. I talked to him for sometime and ended up buying a good Prussian Leibhusar hat skull I posted here last month. He had this item and an SS ring for sale too. I said I know nothing about rings and was without my camera I would need to show it to others before I could buy it. He told me to come by his home and I took this picture. I was never interested in buying this but only wanted to see what you guys though about it. The SS ring was a fake too. He was mostly a patch collector US & German and did not know much about items outside that. He and his wife were very nice to have me in their home and he took a great deal of time shearing his very large and interesting collection with me. Thank to all who wrote in. I learn more everyday.

Dennis

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X