Bullion Rune Tabs and rank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullion Rune Tabs and rank

More of my catastrophies. I have taken the suggestions of forum members and have done research on these items. I bought these items years ago before the forum ever exsisted. Now I know better. Once more I put my pride on the line and hope that I am wrong. I have three sets and a single to show you guys. so here it goes...

I think the rune tab is repro because the weave is not tight, even considering the moisture it seems to have gone through the threads seem too far apart and the center of the Ss are not even to each other.
    I do think the the rank side is good but it has no rank

IMG_1601.jpg

Reverse of Set 1

Reverse of the above set.

IMG_1602.jpg

Comment

Set #2

In this set I see the runes as being waaaay too cock-eyed, even with the moisture damage but the weave is tight , the base material is nice and the back looks good.
      The rank tab I believe to be authentic.

IMG_1605.jpg
      Last edited by RolfvH; 11-30-2007, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Reverse of Set 2

The backs....

IMG_1606.jpg

Comment

Set #3

This is the only matching set I have. Aside from the wool felt material as a base I think these two are both OK, but as usual I might be wrong, as usual.

IMG_1603.jpg

Comment

Reverse of Set 3

The reverse of the matching pair.

IMG_1604.jpg

Comment

Single Tab

This tab seems good but I have seen repros in past listings that look just like it.

IMG_1607.jpg

Comment

Reverse of Single Tab

The back (which does look kinda suspicious).

IMG_1608.JPG

Comment

The first set appears to be original maybe mid war late war, the second set looks good but i do not like the litzen on the rank Id say they were a blank original pair upgraded post war. The ones in post 5 look good.The last tab ...I dont know on that one its in the gray for me but others may feel different.

Last edited by John Pic; 11-30-2007, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Uh

I just do not like any of them

Comment

A similar set of the so called "Dachau" "late war" type tabs was recently sold by Peter Jenkins of www.ssbw.co.uk and a single by Robert Hassler at http://www.robertcollectibles.com/Cloth%20Insignias.htm and yet another with some poor rune shaping on Bil Shea's site.

http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPages/Cloth/c214.htm

Just some to compair and come up with a better idea of the authenticity.The white thread used to sew the piping on set #3 was quite common too.Bill Shea also had one with an Iron Cross attached to it that was captured by an American soldier but he sold it I guess.
                      Last edited by John Pic; 11-30-2007, 12:11 PM.

Comment

I like all of the rune tabs with the exception of the last one...

Comment

John

You can sway me on the first set, but I just do not like the runes being different shapes than each other. The folding lines are acceptable. And do you like those pips? They are are something I stay away from. The second set needs no further discussion.

Comment

whoops

when I say first set above I mean second.

Comment

I dont know about the pips that look bronze collor I think they and litze were added post war. The gray side prong pips on the other tab are good and identical ones can be found in some period photos.That last runic doesnt look like one I would want.

Mark Bando had a runic tab taken in Normandy that had runes that were mishapen..this happened from time to time,it was a hand embroidered product.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X