Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss edelweiss help

Hi Guys
    Was wondering if i can get some opinions on this item.I have had it for many years and think its ok,but being new to collecting cloth items i would like a few opinions.Any and all thoughts will be appreciated.Thanks Jay

e1.jpg

2nd Pic.

e2.jpg

Comment

Hello Jay!

Here you can see the picture of a cap removed Edelweiss I posted some time ago. It got here on the forum. The two patches do look a little bit different in construction if you look closely. I am no expert, but there might be variations of these!?!? Maybe Felix can help us out
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I think the one that start this thred is post war,and the second one posted is very nice original

Comment

Thanks for the pictures and comments guys.Any other thoughts from the cloth experts.Jay

Comment

Hello!

The first one is reproduction and the second one is a nice original. Takes some time to study and learn the differences, but once you have, its pretty clear.

Comment

Thanks to all that have replied.Not the news i wanted ,but live and learn. . Question for Felix ,besides this forum ,is their any good reference books about SS cloth that can help me learn(i already have Angolias ss cloth book) or can you send me some info via email.I really want to learn about ss cloth since i'm just started in this field of collecting(mainly a document and badge collector) Thanks again everyone for your thoughts. jay

Comment

Edelweiss

I think the second/original one is a cut out of an arm badge as apossed to a cap badge ...... ?

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
                    I think the second/original one is a cut out of an arm badge as apossed to a cap badge ...... ?
                    The second one is an original SS edelweiss cap
                    As you can see the arm badge is totally different from the cap badge.
                    Luca
                    Attached Files
                    Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

1st Fake.
                      2nd I would like to buy it...PM if interested.

Cheers
                      T

Comment

The second one posted by militaria.no is definitely a cut out of an arm badge and NOT a cap badge.

Comment

I´m with Stossgruppe here, it is a cut-out from a sleeve patch, check closely the design of the edelweiss!

Comment

The second one posted by militaria.no is definitely a cut out of an arm badge and NOT a cap badge.
                            After comparing the pictures, yes I definitly agree with you, is a cut out of an arm edelweiss, original but not a cap badge.
                            Luca
                            Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Absolutely right: well spotted!

Comparing the first one posted with the two originals I own, I would say that the shape of some of the leaves is a little wrong, and the embroidery is too loose. The leaves also appear to be embroidered in white rather than silver-grey, though that may just be the lighting of the photo.

SS mountain insignia have been very well reproduced for the re-enactor market and you do need to be careful.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X