SS Cap Eagle????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Cap Eagle????

While looking through last year's SOS program, I happened upon an online dealer I'd never heard of before, checked it out, and found this dreadful looking thing, said to be 100% original.

http://www.flyingtigerantiques.com/M...ry_Code=09gmni

As you examine this rare, "original" specimen, please note the eagle's gracefully long neck and modest price of $75.00! Is that a bargain, or what?

Last edited by Stahlhelm; 11-27-2007, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Mr.Pigeon head strikes again. Ok, $75 isn't much but it's still $72 too much and the dealer obviously knows better, check out the bevo cap skull, that ain't $75 is it?!

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
        Mr.Pigeon head strikes again. Ok, $75 isn't much but it's still $72 too much and the dealer obviously knows better, check out the bevo cap skull, that ain't $75 is it?!
        I thought that looked like a Mr. Pigeon head "original." Thanks for confirming my avian suspicions...

Yes, this dealer actually has a half-page add in last year's SOS! Their slogan there reads, "Are you a collector or a detective?" They say, "We do the work for you..." From the looks of that, I believe it, since it doesn't look like any work I'd ever do for myself.

The worst thing here is that this fake is so blazingly obvious that anybody could figure it out. If mistakes are made on controversial items, or in ways that could by any stretch be excusable, okay. However, this one just SCREAMS at you with price, looks, and even description...

Last edited by Stahlhelm; 11-27-2007, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X