M42 tunic lining material question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M42 tunic lining material question

I looked at an M42 SS tunic at a local show today that a friend of mine picked up. While I felt that the construction looked good I was a bit concerned about the lining material. Can someone tell me if a brownish/red HBT material would be correct to find in this style of tunic? I've looked in all the ref books I have and am not seeing this material in a lining. Thanks in advance for any help on this question.

Hello, I think I've seen lining like that in reënactor tunics.

Regards, Marco

Comment

Last edited by besslein; 11-27-2007, 08:41 AM.

Comment

HBT Linning material....

not sure about M42 style tunics but in M Beavers Reference Books on the subject there are several M43 Tunics with both German and Italian HBT linning materials that have been used also page 693 vol 2 there is a Tailor made HBT drill jacket that is used as a combat tunic [ it is the combat tunic of SS Obersturmbannfuehrer Gerhard Bremer, the Tunic which appears to have a redish/ brown coloured HBT material for the linning but the description does not state that the linning is HBT but on the next page ,][ page 694 ]there is a close up of the neck of this Tunic which clearly shows that the linning used is a redish / brown material that is definitely HBT linning material.[ i shall post a picture from the book in next few days for those that do not have access to the book].......

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X