SS? Collar Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS? Collar Tab

I got this tab over 15 years ago from a guy who had "some nazi stuff" that came with a deceased estate he had bought.
    Along with this collar tab was a cased EK1, Winter medal, party badge and a black wound badge (from memory). There was also a FJ helmet that had been repainted by the guy's son who had also applied a couple of SS decals to it. I sold the FJ helmet soon after for about AUD$150 or about US$110 at the time - I still kick myself, even though it had been repainted it still had the liner and strap.

What sort of collar tab is this? I take it it is supposed to be SS, but is it Waffen SS or is it a fantasy piece?
    Any information would help?
    (I thought this was lost since 1990 and only recently found it again)

SS Collar Patch.

IMO I believe this is probaly one of the early ( 1970 ish ) or first types of collar patch that was produced to copy the Allgimme SS collar insignia. I have seen this type before with the loose woven runes and the metal insignia. If my memory serves me well the buckram is probaly orange .... ? David

Comment

There was a patch of black material that was glued to the back of this patch that I had to remove to check out the "padding" (I believe that the guy's son had stuck it to a tunic and had it displayed on a store dummy in his room along with the "SS" FJ helmet). I can remember that there was also a lot of webbing for sale with the other items.
      But underneath that stuck on piece of material, the colour is indeed - orange.
      Many thanks David for the info!
      I waded through my books last night and found a pic of a similar collar tab - SS-VT Pioneer Rgt.

Comment

Stossgruppe3,
        do You mean the metal Pioneer insignia is replica too? IMO it is original item applied on repro tab?

Comment

Metal Insignia.

Ibsr.

I have seen lots of patches similar to this and most of them have the metal insignia attached to them, its either this type like the one displayed here or the signal flash. Though on the odd occassion I have seen them with no metal fittings at all.
          These tabs always seem to have the orange buckram inside and more often than not the metal insignia has the brass flat pin fittings with straight edges which has a very small RZM stamped somewhere on it.
          IMO the whole item is a copy, because Wots the point of putting a Nice original metal collar tab fitting on wot is a bad copy collar patch .... ? David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X