demjanskbattlefield

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS PINS unknown in silver and brass !!! Who knows these items?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS PINS unknown in silver and brass !!! Who knows these items?

I got these SS pins together with a lot of WHW (Winterhilfswerk) pins and tinnies. Who can tell me more about these items. The one item is brass made and the other ordinary metall material. Are they real ? Are the items WHW items or SS sympathy items? Thanks for help !

Last edited by Wehrwolf 1923; 11-11-2007, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Comment

Hi

I have always had these type of pins tagged with the 'fantasy' label.

Would be interesting to hear the thoughts of other members.

Raymond

Comment

IMO they are post war fantasy stickpins, but it is hard to be 100 % sure.

Not for my collection.

Comment

The other WHW pins that I got from the same source were all known items.

Comment

I have never seen these SS items and I don't think they are official SS pins. But I think they could be WHW donation pins too. I saw different, original SA / WHW pins in the past. Comments ?

Comment

as I said, nothing is impossible, maybe they where made during the 30-40`s, I don´t think anyone know all tinnies and stickpins, whw-pins made during these times.

but it is hard to prove anything about these without a reference.

Just because they came in a lot with genuine stuff doesn´t make them genuine.

Comment

Originally posted by Peppe864 View Post

Just because they came in a lot with genuine stuff doesn´t make them genuine.
                  Yes, you are right. It is not a evidence that the pins are real. But it is one possibility that they are WHW too.

Comment

Hi

The only SS tinnies and badges I have seen are either day badges which is usually maker marked, the campaign against hunger tinnies and the SS civilian pin.

The SS tightly controlled issuing and use of the sig runes and I would not have thought that they would have allowed this in the period.

It could have been mis-used by those not entitled to wear the sig runes. This does not conform to any manufacturing style I have seen on original, period pieces.

I have seen plenty of modern fantasy items based on the examples you have show, usually with black background and white runes. They are widely available on the internet.

I never rule anything out, but these would not be for me for the reasons stated above.

Raymond

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X