Indian Legion Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickG View Post
    This exact set of insignia was also depicted in an Osprey book on Foreign volunteers! WOW!
    Here's a much better picture of that SS officer attached to Freies Indien! Thanks for allowing it to be posted Chris Ailsby!
    This SS Ostuf is Rolf Schackert, from the Stabskompanie of the Freis Indien Legion. So far this picture is the only known picture of a German Waffen SS officer with the Indien Legion arm shield.

Comment

I find the topic of the Freis Indien Legion very fascinating and really enjoy all the images you guys have shown.

Comment

I also saw a picture of an Indian legionnaire wearing a Bergmuetze (with SS eagle) posted in the web as well as an Sikh officer (probably Leutnant) with two Croatian officers of the Heer.

Unfortunately, I am unable to post the photos
        Last edited by Panzermahn; 05-27-2010, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Panzermahn, send it to me, I will post it.

Looks like Schackert tab on the picture was blackened, a common thing after the war.

Comment

Post this on behalf of Panzermahnn.

Looks like the SS adler was removed?
            Attached Files

Comment

Just to clarify that I found these photos in the web but unfortunately I can't remember where I found it

I only remember that it was from a Russian website

Comment

Would it have been the english/russian site with German fail? or something similar?...

Comment

is this a, Azad Hind Collar tab? Real or fake or made in theater?

Anyone have any thoughts on this? its much thicker than a typical collar tab and feels/looks old. All I come up with is Azad Hind SS Indian Volunteer

Comment

Hi,

Bueschwd, the picture you upload failed, please find below the way to upload a picture of the WAF.

After writing a message, you will find under the texting box a grey box "Manage Attachments".

Click on it, a "Manage Attachments" box will pop-up.

Then select up to 10 pictures from your computer/mobile phone, and then do not forget to click "upload" so the pictures are indeed uploaded to your message (it takes up to 10 seconds).

After that, and before clicking "Submit Reply", you will "see" the attached pictures on the "Manage Attachments" box, but also under the main texting box over the "Manage Attachments" grey box.

See You

Vince

Comment

Photos of the collar tab in question.
                      Attached Files
                      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

That looks like Muttley the dog.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Domian View Post
                          That looks like Muttley the dog.

Greg

Comment

Mean ass tiger.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X