Has someone ever encpnterd an original italaincamo overall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has someone ever encpnterd an original italaincamo overall

I remember I once saw an italian caom overal like the ones the J used in Normandy in the Caen memorial, the fabric looke ok yet someone put a repluca arm eagle that made it look terribel.

Has anyone ever seen an original or has one in a collection???

Jamie,

There is a picture of a Jagdpanther "early version" in paris of a SS division, on that jagdpanther there is a crew member with a overall in italian camouflage.

Cheers,

Darwin M

Comment

Just curious if these combis were factory made or just field level made.Does anybody knows? Never seen an orig.piece...
      Petr

Comment

I'd be willing to bet that these were field-made. The only factory garment using the Italian camouflaged material was the late war anorak.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Bob

Comment

there is a chance, I have only seen perios phots, which will no reveal wether they are filed amde or factory, yet i have never encountered an original in a colection, only the one at the caen memeorial and dont know wether it is original or not, the material looked ok, yet the arm eagle was definetly bad!!!

Comment

hello,

i would agree with Mr Wirtz's point of wiew.

just a precision,
            the pics taken in Paris showing what looks like an italian camo non regular coverall are from members of I/SS-Pz-Rgt 1,
            and the tank is a Panther G,
            not a jagdpanther ;
            there is another pic with same man (with a regular camo coverall) reading a newspaper ("Pariser zeintung") wich illustrate it clearly.

regards
            derka

Comment

I just wonder if any of these survived??

Comment

I have seen photos of Italian RSI troops wearing these ,but most likely Italian made and of a different pattern. There is also a famous picture of SS troops preparing to surrender in a Milan Hotel and I believe an Officer is wearing Italian camo overalls.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
                  There is also a famous picture of SS troops preparing to surrender in a Milan Hotel and I believe an Officer is wearing Italian camo overalls.
                  If I remember correctly you can see it on one of Robin Lumsden's book.
                  Luca
                  Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Originally posted by Luca Ongaro View Post
                    If I remember correctly you can see it on one of Robin Lumsden's book.
                    Luca
                    the one of ss regalia or is it the collectors guide to the waffen SS, I dont remebre seing an original being showen there.

only war time photos

Comment

It would seem as though the chap in the foreground,a s well as the one to his left in the background are both wearing Italian camo coveralls. Whether they're factory made, I can't tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz View Post
                        I'd be willing to bet that these were field-made. The only factory garment using the Italian camouflaged material was the late war anorak.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Bob
                        ...and "zelts", which were also "worn".

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X