No announcement yet.

Frw. Legion Norwegian SS Armband on Estand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here another picture of the armband in use by a soldier in the Legion.

Derek
    Attached Files

Comment

Post war armband

Thank you Derek! <O</O
      The pictures you have posted clearly shows that the armband is made of red, white and blue cloth sawn together. <O</O
      In the pictures with the three officers you can see that the blue colour has different thickness. That proves that the armband they are wearing is sawn.<O</O
      In your last picture with the close up of the arm you can clearly see that the armband is similar to the armband that I have posted earlier as an original and it is different from the armband on sale.<O</O
      Your pictures prove that the armband you are selling is not similar to none of the armbands in the pictures.
      <O</O
      The armband should now be removed from e-stand.<O</O
      <O</O

Best regards<O</O
      Harald<O</O
      Last edited by Adelheim; 11-11-2007, 04:11 PM. Reason: Twice???

Comment

Post war armband

<O</O
        Last edited by Adelheim; 11-11-2007, 04:12 PM. Reason: Twice??

Comment

Originally posted by Adelheim View Post
          Thank you Derek! <O</O
          The pictures you have posted clearly shows that the armband is made of red, white and blue cloth sawn together. <O</O
          In the pictures with the three officers you can see that the blue colour has different thickness. That proves that the armband they are wearing is sawn.<O</O
          In your last picture with the close up of the arm you can clearly see that the armband is similar to the armband that I have posted earlier as an original and it is different from the armband on sale.<O</O
          Your pictures prove that the armband you are selling is not similar to none of the armbands in the pictures.
          <O</O
          The armband should now be removed from e-stand.<O</O
          <O</O

Best regards<O</O
          Harald<O</O
          Harald;
          You give many good inputs regarding this matter. However I do not agree with you if you look at the arm bad to the left in photo Demil showed. That armband has the same thickness of the stripes and also seem to be made of thicker cloth. This is just my observation from the photo. I do hereby not claim the arm band in question to be nor war time or post war. I simply can not tell because its not my field of knowledge. But what I see in that photo from Demil that they do look similar. Wouldnt you agree if you compare the middle blue line and its thickness?

I for one would be happy to find out the truth.

Cheers,
          "Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

Harald.

On the 2 last pictures I posted, it is no possibility to say that it is mine our yours that is used here. The picture of the 3 offisers is in very bad quality.
            Your armband pictured earlier no other collector in Norway has seen before.
            It is more likley that one is localy made.
            The one I have posted is made in 1939/1940, used by the Legion a short time in 1941 and later used by the Norwegian Army after the war.

I will post some better pictures.

Derek
            Attached Files
            Last edited by DeMil; 11-11-2007, 05:20 PM.

Comment

A you can see the blue stripe in the middle is thicker than the white stripes and on your armband the white stripes seems thinner than on my armband !

Derek
              Attached Files
              Last edited by DeMil; 11-11-2007, 05:25 PM.

Comment

This is the best picture showing my armband in use by a SS soldier !
                The dark-blue stripe on you armband is not visible on this picture.
                This armband has the ligth-blue colour in the middle !
                Attached Files
                Last edited by DeMil; 11-11-2007, 05:45 PM.

Comment

IMO localy made armband with very dark-blue stripe.
                  It seems that there are more than these 2 armbands used before and under the war, when studing the poor photos of armbands in use in this tread.

Regards
                  Derek
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by DeMil; 11-11-2007, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X