SS ring opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The seller wants me to giive a price.
    That's why I would like to know the value on this ring?

Best regards,
    André

Comment

big euros for sure

Comment

He said that someone had offered him EUR 3800,-

Comment

Originally posted by NOR_collector View Post
          He said that someone had offered him EUR 3800,-
          for the lot or only ring?

Comment

for the ring I think.
            Is that to much or is it a good price?

Comment

Hi

Well, the new photographs have actually made it look like a different ring.

The Himmler inscription is still weak, but much more promising than it looked before. The date looks good from the images.

What worries me is that I have a re-sized ring and it has not had that effect on the inscription.

The angle of the photographs makes it difficult to make a 100% positive thumbs up for me, but it is much more promising than it looked before. If I was advising for someone else I like to be 110% sure.

If you want some guides on prices, you could check Winkler's site and apply the 30% discount he has running. That would make 3800 euros expensive.

The re-sizing job on this ring is horrendous and so that will, in my opinion, seriously affect the price.

I would take no stock in the ring belonging to Rudolf Mueller as it is spelled Müller. You would have to buy it as a 1942 ring that would be very tough to research as Müller is a very common surname. On saying that, if the dogtag is 100% OK and research can link it to Mueller then that will help.

Personally, it is not one that I would want in my collection, but that is only my opinion. There are better, less expensive rings on the market

Good luck and happy hunting.

Raymond

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X