SS Insignia Authenticity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Tab

I havehad a couple of these and all had RZM tags. This one is the same maker (78).
    Attached Files

Comment

SS Tab

Rzm Tag
      Attached Files

Comment

cool,
        DaveJ

Comment

very nice

Comment

Wow !

Kfin, that is one sexy tab.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              Probably trimmed to fit on the collar with NCO tress.

Ugh! I want that tab

Rob

Comment

Ok, I have had a couple of emails about tab (A). It is not a flatwire rune tab! It is made from cotton thread and based on the way it is constructed the runes appear to be "ribbed" lines running through it, thus my term of a "Ribbed Rune tab". I only have three in my collection and these are the only ones that I have encountered in twleve years of collecting SS cloth. I know that there are more out there, but these are the only ones that I could purchase. From what I have noticed they all were manufactured by firm number #374. This is the same firm the made all of the "flatwire" skull tabs. The "flatwire" rune tabs were made by two firms that I know of and they are #374 and #134. All of the tabs in the left are of the machine embroidered cotton thread. the ones of the right, are the "flatwire" machine embroidered. The tab that I have for sale is 1000% original and very rare and seldom seen for sale on the open market. It is tunic removed and has been removed from a US veterans scrapbook, thus missing the buckram backing, but if you like salty combat worn pieces, then this is it. I hope that this info will help clear up any confusion that anyone might have, in regards to these tabs. Grant.
                Attached Files

Comment

back sides.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ribbed Rune

This type of "Ribbed Rune" tab is as you say exceptionally rare. I have only seen one other, three is a lot !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X