SS Officer Clothing Allowance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Officer Clothing Allowance

I know that in the Heer, the money given for private purchases was commensurate with your rank, was it the same in the SS?

I.e. Would a lowly untersturmführer be able only to buy so much on his allowance, as opposed to a standartenführer? Or did the egalitarianism so encouraged within the ranks in the SS carry over even to the allowance provided?

As well, i wonder if both the Wehrmacht and the Waffen-SS were given latitude on what they could purchase, depending on rank and type of uniform item sought, or were the worst offenders acting on their own?
    <!-- / message -->

Todays military reflects yesterdays military from the standard of pay allowance for uniform purchase.

Todays & yesterdays military personell recieve a pay allowance that is based on the basic issue that each person gets. However as one rises in rank the uniforms change for the sake of officer representation and presentation.

What that means is that their annual allowance for their uniforms is issued and as rank increases more is paid to purchase from either the post exchange or in the event you have rank, from a local tailor, as long as the insignia and cut remain the same its okay to purchase outside.

Enlisted, NCO and Officers all have the right to tailored items as long as they fit the form and presentation as required. It just takes $$$$

Same deal today as it was then.....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X